send to: mail recipient (as Attachment)

G

Windows 2000 Pro, MS Office 2002...
In Excel (and Word), the "send to: mail recipient (as Attachment)" option is missing. When the icon is manually loaded onto the task bar, it stays gray and does not respond. The send to: mail recipient works fine, however it changes the formatting and cuts off sections of the dpocument. The "send to; mail recipient (as Attachment)" option DOES work in Powerpoint and Access. I use Outlook Express, v. 6.0 and it is my default mail (I do not use Outlook)

R

Ron de Bruin

Try this Glenn

XL2002: "Send To Routing Recipient" Command Does Nothinghttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296396
--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

glenn said:
In Excel (and Word), the "send to: mail recipient (as Attachment)" option is missing. When the icon is manually loaded onto
the task bar, it stays gray and does not respond. The send to: mail recipient works fine, however it changes the formatting and
cuts off sections of the dpocument. The "send to; mail recipient (as Attachment)" option DOES work in Powerpoint and Access. I
use Outlook Express, v. 6.0 and it is my default mail (I do not use Outlook)

G

This MS solution did not work, nor did the following..."View, Toolbars, Customize, Toolbars tab, (check and highlight) Menu Bar, Reset"

----- glenn wrote: -----

In Excel (and Word), the "send to: mail recipient (as Attachment)" option is missing. When the icon is manually loaded onto the task bar, it stays gray and does not respond. The send to: mail recipient works fine, however it changes the formatting and cuts off sections of the dpocument. The "send to; mail recipient (as Attachment)" option DOES work in Powerpoint and Access. I use Outlook Express, v. 6.0 and it is my default mail (I do not use Outlook)

R

Ron de Bruin

Hi Glenn

Did you see your E-Mail program on the programs tab in your browser
Tools>Internet Options in Explorer

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

glenn said:
This MS solution did not work, nor did the following..."View, Toolbars, Customize, Toolbars tab, (check and highlight) Menu Bar, Reset"

----- glenn wrote: -----

In Excel (and Word), the "send to: mail recipient (as Attachment)" option is missing. When the icon is manually loaded
onto the task bar, it stays gray and does not respond. The send to: mail recipient works fine, however it changes the
formatting and cuts off sections of the dpocument. The "send to; mail recipient (as Attachment)" option DOES work in Powerpoint
and Access. I use Outlook Express, v. 6.0 and it is my default mail (I do not use Outlook)

G

i have the EXact same problem with word\excel 2003..!!!
powerpoint 2003 CAN send as an attachment just like glenn described...!....

is there a solution ??

R

Ron de Bruin

i have the EXact same problem with word\excel 2003..!!!
powerpoint 2003 CAN send as an attachment just like glenn described...!....

Can you post the thread from Glenn

Ask a Question