send to distribution list without showing list contents?

Paul W

How can I send an email to members of a distribution list without every
recipent seeing everybody else's e-mail address?

Thanks,

Paul.

Dragonfly

Yes, if you use the BCC: field, everyone will get the
mail, but they won't see any address but your own.

Paul W

Yes, I had tried that, but it's kind of funky that they see the email
addressed to ME. Any other suggestions out there?

Paul.

Alexander Gorlach

Hi Paul,

1. Nice idea about DL and BCC
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q266339

2. Try mail merge feature of Office. If mail merges limitations (not
possible to attach file to message; impossible to customize subject;
etc) are significant for you, you can install our Mail Merge Toolkit:
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/

3. The simplest way in world to send personalized message is our Send
Personally add-in. You should click "Send Personally" on toolbar instead
of "Send" and each recipient get the personalized copy of message (with
his name only in TO field; you can also use macros to substitute
recipient name into the body/subject of the message; etc).
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/send_personally/

Alexander Gorlach,
MAPILab Ltd. -- Must have Outlook add-ins
http://www.mapilab.com/
Posted At: Thursday, September 09, 2004 1:39 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook
Conversation: send to distribution list without showing list contents?
Subject: Re: send to distribution list without showing list contents?

Dragonfly said:
Yes, if you use the BCC: field, everyone will get the
mail, but they won't see any address but your own.

SgtRich

Yes, I had tried that, but it's kind of funky that they see the email
addressed to ME. Any other suggestions out there?
The only other option is to do a mail merge with Word.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
News Client (Text): Forté Agent 2.0 www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2 www.newsrover.com