see this...as with other posts here....

The Microsoft spyware program tells me I have no Internet connection.
Running diagnostics gives this result:

Microsoft AntiSpyware version 1.0.701
Windows OS: XP
Windows OS Version Info: 148
Windows OS Major Version: 5
Windows OS Minor Version: 1
Windows OS Build: 2600
Current Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware
Install Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\
Session.RunMode: 5
Session.TimeBombDaysRemaining: 232
Session.TimeBombExpirationDate: 7/31/2006
Real-time protection running: True
Real-time protection enabled: True
Security Agents Application Enabled: True
Security Agents Internet Enabled: True
Security Agents System Enabled: True
Security Agents Checkpoints: 59
Definitions Update Date: 12/10/2005 5:26:41 PM
AutoUpdater Enabled: 1
AutoUpdater AutoApply Enabled: 1
Definitions Increment Version: 136/136
Definitions ThreatAuditThreatData: 1336987
Definitions ThreatAuditScanData: 2926798
Definitions DeterminationData: 741202
Software Update Check Date:
AutoUpdater Software Enabled: 1
TotalThreatsDetected: 0
TotalScansRun: 1
LastScanDate: 12/10/2005 6:00:24 PM
Is US Locale: True
Locale Language: English (United States):English (0409)
Locale Country: United States:United States (1)
Processor Identifier: x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 1
Processor Name: Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1300MHz
IE Version: 6.0.2900.2180
msvbvm60.dll: 6.0.97.82
vbscript.dll: 5.6.0.8820
gcUnCompress.dll: 2.0.701.10
gcmd5query.dll: 1.0.0.1
openports.dll:
SDelete.dll:
gcASSoapLib.dll: 1.0.0.701
gcPorttoProcess.dll:
gcTCPObjLib.dll: 1.0.0.701
gcasDtServ.exe: 1.0.0.701
gcAntiSpywareLibrary.dll: 1.0.0.701
gcIPtoHostQueue.exe: 1.0.0.701
gcasServ.exe: 1.0.0.701
gcasServAlert.exe: 1.0.0.701
gcasServHook.dll:
gcASHashLibrary.dll:
gcASThreatAudit.dll: 1.0.0.701
gcASCleaner.exe: 1.0.0.701
GIANTAntiSpywareUpdater.exe: 1.0.0.701
gcASPrivacyLib.dll: 1.0.0.701
gcASShredCtxShell.dll:
gcasSWUpdater.exe: 1.0.0.701
gcSoftwareUpdateLib.dll: 1.0.0.701
GIANTSpywareScan.exe:
gcasDtServ Status: Loaded
gcasDtServ IsAuthorized: True
gcAntiSpywareLibrary Status: Loaded
gcAntiSpywareLibrary IsAuthorized: True
gcASThreatAudit Status: Loaded
gcASThreatAudit IsAuthorized: True
Now: 12/11/2005 2:42:15 PM

Dave M

I have to agree the message is not clear, since you obviously have an internet
connection. What is unclearer yet is what your hoping to accomplish by manually
checking for updates. You have the latest software version and the latest
signature definitions. NO new updates will be available until the normal update
release on Thursday December 15 at the earliest. Your system is set to
automatically check for signature updates, just let it do that function. If
that doesn't happen automatically, then there could be a problem with your
installation, but you do not have any MSAS problem currently.

Yes, Microsoft servers are down over the weekend. In most cases, like yours it
doesn't matter if they are up or down. Your AntiSpyware is running and
protecting your system. I really doubt anyone is sitting in their Microsoft
office over Saturday and Sunday reading these hundreds of posts regarding a
non-revenue producing Beta product, so all these posts are totally un-necessary.

And, for anyone demanding an immediate answer from Microsoft... that's equally
ridiculous, they rarely post in this newsgroup, although they do lurk in these
forums.

Latest Ms post:
From: "Mike Chan [MSFT]"
Subject: Windows AntiSpyware 1.0.701 now available