Security Update Kills Zone Alarm

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Some of you might be interested to know, that the recent Microsoft Update (KB951748) can kill your internet connection if you happen to be using Zone Alarm firewall - whether Pro version, or free.

I still run ZA on our XP Pro computer; after downloading the update, then re-starting the PC, it would not connect to any web pages. A bit of Googling, via the operational Vista PC (running KIS7 :cool:) revealed that many others are having problems too.

Advice ranges from uninstalling the update, to reducing the Security Level Setting of ZA to 'medium' instead of 'high' - in the meantime, ZA are apparently trying to work on finding a fix. ZA User Forum Message

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TC, I bet that caught quite a few people out :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
itsme said:
Avast === Anti virus.
Zone alarm === Firewall.:rolleyes:

Hurray I made it to Wednesday night before I made a big goof. I'm getting better at this pc lark.

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Hurray I made it to Wednesday night before I made a big goof. I'm getting better at this pc lark.

laughingsmiley.gif

You sure is 4days before a goof:lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Zone Alarm Fix

Just an update. Check Point Software Technologies, who are responsible for Zone Alarm, have now fixed the conflict, and downloading a fresh version of Zone Alarm will solve the problem - find it here. All versions.

:user:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Just an update. Check Point Software Technologies, who are responsible for Zone Alarm, have now fixed the conflict, and downloading a fresh version of Zone Alarm will solve the problem - find it here. All versions.

user.gif

Nice one TC:thumb: :nod:

Ask a Question