Security Center

Bill Walsh

When I click on "Windows Security Alerts" then open the Windows Security
Center I see the Security Center is turned off. When I click on the "turn on
now", I see this message: "The Security Center Service can't be started."
I looked at Windows help and this is not addressed. How does one turn on
this Service? Thank you..

Bill Walsh

Dave-UK said:
Right-click Computer > Manage > Services.
My setting for the Security Center is Automatic (Delayed start).

Thanks for that. My Security is also Automatic. What does Delayed Start
mean? Thsnks again.

R. C. White

Hi, Bill.
What does Delayed Start >mean?

My non-techie understanding is that this service will start automatically,
but not immediately. This is to prevent a traffic jam at the starting gate
when ALL services are set to start at the same moment and they all try to be
first. Years ago, a techie called a similar setting a "footrace" situation.
By delaying some automatic starts for a short time (Milliseconds, I think;
seconds, maybe; minutes, I don't think so, but I don't know.), they can all
be running quickly enough without getting stuck at the gate.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX