Searching on a network drive

Rob Cowan

Our systems are Windows XP Pro SP2, patched up to date on a SBS2003 domain.
We have a few mapped drives connected to our server and we are finding that
whenever we try to search for a file on a mapped drive, it is returning no
results even for files that we know are there.

Through searching the web, I've come across KB article 885843 (No results
are returned when you search for files or for folders over a slow network
link in Windows Server 2003 or in Windows XP) which sounds similar to my
problem, but not quite the same (we are not over a slow link) but I'm not
totally sure if that's the solution I'm looking for.

Anyone got any advice?

Regards,

Rob Cowan.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Rob,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, actually, this article KB885843 is addressing similar
issue. Therefore, I suggest you first apply this hotfix so that we can
verify if the hotfix could be helpful. You may contact our CSS to obtain
the hotfix.

Also you can try to change some settings in More Advanced Options when you
Search function in Windows XP. For more information, you may refer to:
The Windows XP Search Companion Finds it Faster
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/crawford_s
eptember03.mspx

Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,