Searching for empty folders

G

Is there a way to run a search for 'empty' folders? I'm trying to clean up a directory where patch files were made available temporarily. A search is consistently run to find and then delete any files over a month old but currently there are almost 200 folders and I'm looking for an alternative to manually opening every folder to see if it is empty before we delete an empty one.

Thanks,
Susan

G

I know that if I'm looking for lost files I try & think of something they are have in common for example images often end in .jpg or .gif & programs end with .exe etc. & I do a search via that criteria. As your folders are all empty, I presume they are have 0k (zero k) in common & they will have the word 'empty' hovering over them when you 'brush' them with the cursor. So I'm thinking that you might be able to locate them by using either of these terms in one of the search boxes available (aleast on XP)

G

I'm running Windows XP Pro. I've tried searching for folders with 0 (or blank) for size but that hasn't worked. I may need to use a utility like treesize but it sure would be nice to do something simple just to search for 'empty' folders right in XP

Thanks
Susan

Ask a Question