SCSI Hard Drives

G

I just installed an older seagate barracuda scsi hard drive and an PCI adaptec scsi controller card into my computer. I have an ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard with 512 MB of PC2100 DDR and an AMD XP1700 processor. The device manager recognized both the controller and the drive and says that they are both functioning properly. However, the drive does not have a drive letter associated with it. How do I assign dirve letters, format, etc. in winXP Pro for SCSI drives

Thanks for your help.

G

I have practically the same problem only I don't want to format these drives they have stuff on them and used to work until my primary drive died and I had to ghost to an older ghosted file. Shows fine in disk management and everything but no drive letters so doesn't show in my computer. Did you come up with a resolution? I would think you could load them in dos and fdisk if you want to format. But I'm not sure how to not lose data and assign letters. let me know if you come up with something
Noell

----- Thomas wrote: ----

I just installed an older seagate barracuda scsi hard drive and an PCI adaptec scsi controller card into my computer. I have an ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard with 512 MB of PC2100 DDR and an AMD XP1700 processor. The device manager recognized both the controller and the drive and says that they are both functioning properly. However, the drive does not have a drive letter associated with it. How do I assign dirve letters, format, etc. in winXP Pro for SCSI drives

Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question