Scroll Bar Doesn't Display

G

I've got a frames page with three frames. I need scrollbars to be available "if needed" for two frames. The left frame does not show a scrollbar (even if I set it to "always"). The right frame displays a scrollbar when needed, as expected.

The html code for both frames sets scrollbar ="auto".

Does anyone know why one scroll bar would not display when the other one does? The navigation bar is in the left frame, and some users can't access all of it without the scrollbar.

I really appreciate anyone's help.

CM

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Provide a URL of the published site

--

| I've got a frames page with three frames. I need scrollbars to be available "if needed" for two frames. The left frame does not
show a scrollbar (even if I set it to "always"). The right frame displays a scrollbar when needed, as expected.
|
| The html code for both frames sets scrollbar ="auto".
|
| Does anyone know why one scroll bar would not display when the other one does? The navigation bar is in the left frame, and some
users can't access all of it without the scrollbar.
|
| I really appreciate anyone's help.
|
| CM

T

Thomas A. Rowe

The left navigation frame is set to NEVER show a scrollbar.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

S

Stefan B Rusynko

In your frames page you have

<frameset cols="209,75%" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0">
<frame name="left" scrolling="no" noresize target="rtop" src="NavigationBar.html" marginwidth="12" marginheight="14" style="float:
right; position: relative; left: 25">
<frameset rows="17%,*">
<frame name="rtop" target="rbottom" src="HomePageTitleBar.html" scrolling="no" style="background-image:
url('Images/company_logo.gif'); background-repeat: repeat-x" noresize>
<frame name="rbottom" src="HomePageContents.shtml" scrolling="auto" noresize target="_self">
</frameset> <noframes>

Should be

<frameset cols="209,*" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0">
<frame name="left" scrolling="auto" noresize target="rtop" src="NavigationBar.html" marginwidth="12" marginheight="14" >
<frameset rows="17%,*">
<frame name="rtop" target="rbottom" src="HomePageTitleBar.html" scrolling="no">
<frame name="rbottom" src="HomePageContents.shtml" scrolling="auto" noresize target="_self">
</frameset>
<noframes>

--

| www.mcginnactuaries.com
|
| "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
|
| > Provide a URL of the published site
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________
| >
| >
| > | I've got a frames page with three frames. I need scrollbars to be available "if needed" for two frames. The left frame does
not
| > show a scrollbar (even if I set it to "always"). The right frame displays a scrollbar when needed, as expected.
| > |
| > | The html code for both frames sets scrollbar ="auto".
| > |
| > | Does anyone know why one scroll bar would not display when the other one does? The navigation bar is in the left frame, and
some
| > users can't access all of it without the scrollbar.
| > |
| > | I really appreciate anyone's help.
| > |
| > | CM
| >
| >
| >

G

I didn't understand why you said this initially, but now I realize my updated page is not reaching the server. Thank you for your help.

CM

Ask a Question