Script for resetting password

We need to reset the passwords of about 200 users in AD. We have the user
ID's, e-mail addresses, new passwords etc in an excel file.
Is there a tool/script to automate this?

Thanks,

Greg

Paul Williams [MVP]

You're going to need to write your own I'm afraid. I can give you some
example code - it won't be very efficient, but will do the job. You'll just
have to tweak the Excel side...

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Greg,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, I agree with Paul Williams and Paul Bergson's suggestions.
You may need to write a script to do this. The following information is for
your reference:

Assign a Password to a User
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/ad/users/pwds/uspwvb0
1.mspx>

I'm sorry that we are unable to assist with this request in the newsgroups
as the newsgroups are geared towards break-fix scenarios. It appears that
this is a development-related request that would be best addressed in the
developer newsgroups. The developer newsgroups are located at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp.

For further assistance on this issue, you may want to contact our Develop
Support Services by telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can
assist you further with your request. To obtain the phone numbers for
specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS.

Your understanding on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZw==?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Script for resetting password
| Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:41:08 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
|
| We need to reset the passwords of about 200 users in AD. We have the user
| ID's, e-mail addresses, new passwords etc in an excel file.
| Is there a tool/script to automate this?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Greg

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Steveharper,