Screen rotation in XPE

G

I have a mini-ITX board with ATI chipset, including a 9180 Radeon (part of the 9100 series). With XP Pro, I can use the video driver to rotate the screen, but when I load up XP embedded, it complains that rotation is not supported with the current resolution and refresh rate. We've tried a variety of resolutions and refresh rates, that's not the answer.

I install the ATI drivers after FBA, and before the reseal (not componentized), after installing Direct X 9.0b. Apparently XP Pro has something that I'm not including in XPE yet.

Doing a search of this newsgroup, I see questions like this have come up before, but there hasn't been any answers to speak of. Hopefully somebody smart has come up with the answer now.

Thanks,
Rob

S

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

Hi,

Just one simple test.
Drivers are the only one who do this kind of things, and usually they are very stupid. (They do what is told to them by variuos
registry entries).

Use XP Professional and regmon.exe to record all registry entries that change when you rotate screen.
And enter those values in offline post FBA XPe registry.

If it is working then you will easily incorporate it in your image.

Best regards,
Slobodan

PaltronicsRob said:
I have a mini-ITX board with ATI chipset, including a 9180 Radeon (part of the 9100 series). With XP Pro, I can use the video
driver to rotate the screen, but when I load up XP embedded, it complains that rotation is not supported with the current resolution
and refresh rate. We've tried a variety of resolutions and refresh rates, that's not the answer.
I install the ATI drivers after FBA, and before the reseal (not componentized), after installing Direct X 9.0b. Apparently XP Pro
has something that I'm not including in XPE yet.
Doing a search of this newsgroup, I see questions like this have come up before, but there hasn't been any answers to speak of.
Hopefully somebody smart has come up with the answer now.

K

KM

And also add FileMon to the monitoring picture... the driver may dynamically load up a new dll to do the rotation (I've seen such
implementations, although not in XPe world).

G

Hi Rob,
I have the same problem as you with an ATI 9100. Have you discover anything new about this issue?

Reaction score
I've exactly the same problem
Rotation Works fine in XP Pro
No rotation in XPe
I've ran all the driver updates
Note: Catalyst drivers only appears if your drive is non removeable
I've copied all the D'lls from System 32 to no avail
This problem appears unique to ATI Drivers

Anyone who has a solution to this who want to share it is an absolute hero !

MartianK

Ask a Question