screen flickers?!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
over the last couple of days i have noticed my screen randomly flickers, could my graphics card or screen be dying?, i've checked all connections including reseating the card but it still happens and is starting to become more frequent, what could be causing it?.

its a custom built pc that i ordered from a local PC shop, i bought the system Nov 2003

setup is

Asus P4C800 deluxe
P4 3Ghz
1GB Vdata ram
ati 9600se
and a 17" didi-t TFT

Kye

Reaction score
Maybe the monitor re-set its refresh rate. my old monitor used to do that.

right click on desktop - properties - settings -advance - monitor.

The refresh rate should be 85 or 80. 60 or 75 tends to make it flicker. if its not that, then it might be the graphics card, but i dont know.

Kye

Reaction score
Kye said:
Maybe the monitor re-set its refresh rate. my old monitor used to do that.

right click on desktop - properties - settings -advance - monitor.

The refresh rate should be 85 or 80. 60 or 75 tends to make it flicker. if its not that, then it might be the graphics card, but i dont know.

Kye
75Hz is flickerless - you occasionally catch the screen refresh when you blink but its not a "flicker"... most generic CRT 17" monitors can run a max refresh of 60Hz at top res - thats why its not advisable to get one...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
ok screen is set to 60, im not sure if i explained it properly the picture jumps/repositions itself about 1cm off centre in any direction then instantly goes back

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Techy said:
does it still do it in safemode?

i dont know i've never run it in safe mode

i am running the 5.2 catalyst drivers at 75 herts and it still doing it

Ask a Question