Screen Flickering

Reaction score
Hi Naylor,

The screen was sold as a monitor/TV by a dedicated PC retailer but I think you must be right. There are few options I can find to alter how the screen treats the input. I've tried eveything I can, even settings I did not expect to help.
Nvidia will only drive 2560x1440 or 1600 at 30hz - the logic of this baffles me. At 30hz in any resolution the problem goes away (or almost does - in explorer this shows up faintly at these 2 resolutions but not 4K @ 30hz - bizarre!). Of course, I prefer run at 4k 30hz due to flickering. Also, I bought this screen to have a great deal of graphics real estate and dropping the size is not an option. The problem does not seem to afect graphics at all, or indeed, any type other than black or white (I have a small amount of spit in my Desktop icon names).
Naylor/Ian - I thank you for all your help. I can live with the colour splitting problem in Explorer and other programmes that do this as it is far preferable to the flickering. I'll pretend it's a feature:thumb:

Reaction score
Hi Urmas,

I have now tried all the available Nvidia 3D settings, including anti-aliasing and settings that do not sound as though they have anything to do with font rendering. Nothing works. Thanks for trying to help.

David

Ask a Question