screen auto scrolls to bottom

gab

i have a problem where i cannot use my computer as the screen scrolls to the
bottom or any program any option goes to the end even selected icon on
desktop will automatically move to the bottom icon being selected have ran
spyware virus nothing will dectect this can anybody please help - iam tempted
to by apple as i heard they don't get virus

Shenan Stanley

gab said:
i have a problem where i cannot use my computer as the screen
scrolls to the bottom or any program any option goes to the end
even selected icon on desktop will automatically move to the bottom
icon being selected have ran spyware virus nothing will dectect
this can anybody please help - iam tempted to by apple as i heard
they don't get virus

Your last statement is false - and no one can make it with a straight face
unless they are just ignorant of the facts. Macintosh computers are
vulnerable to viruses just like Windows and Linux based computers. They may
get them less and have less press - but that could be simply nothing more
than a numbers game. ;-)

That's not to say you might not love being a Macintosh user - you just
might. If you want to try it - go for it. However - it is my opinion you
are just trading one set of possible problems for another set of possible
problems. *grin*

It's doubtful you have a virus - more likely a defective mouse. Try
changing out your mouse and/or checking your PAGE DOWN and/or DOWN ARROW
keys (they may be stuck?) and/or change out your keyboard.

Although - it won't hurt to do a true cleanup/update of your machine..

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot.

Fix your file/registry permissions...

Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under "Advanced Troubleshooting"
titled, "Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Reboot and ...

Search your registry for %fystem and replace the "f" with an "s". May be
three or four matches, may be none. You may even have to take ownership
(even after doing the above) of the keys in order to make the change.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/...6F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Reboot.

and...

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive. After saving it to the root
of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot.

Then follow the instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Reboot.

and..

Log on as an user with administrative rights (assuming you are in this case
- given your problem) and open Internet Explorer and visit
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a CUSTOM scan...
(Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.)

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time.

against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones for
now. I would completely avoid the Optional Hardware updates. Also - I do
not see any urgent need to install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Come back - let us know if that worked.
.... Really - come back and let everyone know if that worked.

You may want to run a second scan with SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes
after everything is updated.

gab

Thanks for the effort in replying i fixed the problem yesterday while i was
waiting for a reply , you were right it was a defective keyboard as i had
changed the mouse it worked for a little while and went back to normal since
i had already scanned with all anti spware programs and virus and the
microsoft online macicious removal tool it was then a process of elimnation
so i removed the page dosn and the arrow down buttons and i am pleased to say
all is well however iam not sure why the buttons stick , Thanks again for
your help cheers !

Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
My machine runs Win 7 Home and all the volume controls on any media player auto volume to 0%, all drop menus only blink but do not stay out, all windows with explorer. IE, Firefox all scroll to bottom of page even in control panel " Programs uninstall area. Basically any window will have this auto scroll thing happening. Also even menu when selecting view (i.e. large icons, details etc...auto to bottom of page....

I have tried running two different kinds of virus spy software as well as running run the malicious tool from Microsoft and as of yet nothing has seemed to cure this problem....So can some one let me know if there is a fix for this because it almost renders the machine useless....Cheers

Joined
Jun 9, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Joined
Sep 20, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
i have a problem where i cannot use my computer as the screen scrolls to the
bottom or any program any option goes to the end even selected icon on
desktop will automatically move to the bottom icon being selected have ran
spyware virus nothing will dectect this can anybody please help - iam tempted
to by apple as i heard they don't get virus

I had similar problem with my hp pc (windows 10) recently, it was quite horrible (as it rendered the computer unusable). After multiple antivirus scans and other system scans, it was resolved by changing my keyboard (i.e replacing the keyboard with a new one) as well as "blowing"/suctioning dust out of the rest of the laptop. Now the laptop works perfectly well. I also had to get a dust screen for the new keyboard (which like a thin waterproof material with light adhesive on one aspect).

Hope this helps you too.