Scheduling Conference room

Jasper Recto

We have 3 conference rooms that we would like to start scheduling the usage.

How would we go about this in Outlook 2000 and 2003? We are also on
Exchange 2007.

We would like the ability for a user to create a calendar item and when they
are selecting the invitee list, they can pick the appropriate conference
room and see its availability.

Is this possible in Outlook?

Thanks,
Jasper

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

Create it as a resource room in exchange 2007 - it will be in the GAL as a
room and when they select it, it will go right into the resource field.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Jasper Recto

Diane,

Can you please direct me to some documentation on how to do all of this?

Thanks,
Jasper

Jasper Recto said:
We have 3 conference rooms that we would like to start scheduling the
usage.

How would we go about this in Outlook 2000 and 2003? We are also on
Exchange 2007.

We would like the ability for a user to create a calendar item and when
they are selecting the invitee list, they can pick the appropriate
conference room and see its availability.

Is this possible in Outlook?

Thanks,
Jasper

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

Open the Exchange Management Console. Go to Recipient configuration,
mailbox. Click on new mailbox on the right pane to start the wizard.

--

Diane Poremsky {MVP} said:
Create it as a resource room in exchange 2007 - it will be in the GAL as
a room and when they select it, it will go right into the resource field.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Jasper Recto said:
We have 3 conference rooms that we would like to start scheduling the
usage.

How would we go about this in Outlook 2000 and 2003? We are also on
Exchange 2007.

We would like the ability for a user to create a calendar item and when
they are selecting the invitee list, they can pick the appropriate
conference room and see its availability.

Is this possible in Outlook?

Thanks,
Jasper

markm75

Diane Poremsky {MVP} said:
Open the Exchange Management Console. Go to Recipient configuration,
mailbox. Click on new mailbox on the right pane to start the wizard.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Jasper Recto" <[email protected]> wrote in message

is there a way to convert older user mailboxes into room resources, so that
existing calender info isnt "thrown" out, via the creation of new boxes which
are room resources?

(Exchange 2007)..

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

you need to use the management shell to convert mailboxes to resources.
AFAIK, it just removes the user account from the mailbox and all contents
are left alone.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201749(EXCHG.80).aspx

--

Diane Poremsky said:
you need to use the management shell to convert mailboxes to resources.
AFAIK, it just removes the user account from the mailbox and all contents
are left alone.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201749(EXCHG.80).aspx

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

Thanks for this.. one question.. with our standard user resource.. if you
goto shared calendars in outlook, you can bring up the calendar for that
resource..

For the Room type non user one.. it tells me the calendar doesnt exist..

Is there something more i must do to make this functionality work?

Thanks,

Mark