Scheduled Tasks settings fails when hibernated to "Wake the computer to run this task"

Michel Merlin

In "Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks" I have a task ("BitDefender"), set to start daily at 03:01, that in the bottom of its "Settings" tab, has the "Wake the computer to run this task" checked.

(BD's internal scheduler can't wake properly; BD when contacted replies this will be fixed later)

The computer is a laptop, Uniwill 223ei0, BIOS AMI 223, XP Pro SP2 b2600; in "Start > Settings > CP > Power Options > Advanced > Power buttons" it is set so that pressing power button or closing lid makes the PC hinernate, and pressing sleep button makes it Stand By.

When the PC is in Stand By, it duely wakes at 03:01. But when it is hibernated, it doesn't start.

Anyone knows how I could make Windows work as announced on this? TIA,

Versailles, Mon 10 Sep 2007 13:00:00 +0200

Michel Merlin

I have a very simple test task in "Scheduled Tasks": opening "Scheduler Test.txt" (a very short text file just for this test, with ".LOG" as first characters, which causes Notepad to add the time at each opening of the file).

- On Tue 4 Nov 2008 10:10 +0100 I schedule this task to run once at 10:13, then I Standby. The PC duly wakes up and runs the task.
- On Tue 4 Nov 2008 10:20 +0100 I schedule this task to run once at 10:23, then I Hibernate. The PC does NOT wake up - and of course does NOT run the task.

This situation has ever been so on this PC (my 2006 laptop, Windows XP Pro). Meanwhile all this always worked properly on my desktop PC (Windows 2000).

On Mon 10 Sep 2007 13:00:00 +0200 I already posted about this (see Parent Message), but none had an answer. After 14 months I am reposting, in case something new arose meanwhile...

Versailles, Tue 4 Nov 2008 15:02:20 +0100