Windows XP Scanner Problems

Reaction score
Hi

I've come across a problem with the Epson Perfection 1260 Scanner and Windows 64 bit. According to Epson, XP supports this, you hear the p'n'p xp tones when plugging and unplugging it, but there is no software nor drivers. Any light on the subject would be much appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks. I've downloaded the XP standard drivers to see if that works. I've been a little cautious of anything going on this persons pc. XP64 bit is a git. Everything they have (hardware wise) is not supported apart from the AMD processor. Win 32 bit all the way me says.

I'll give these drivers a go, if they dont work i'll tell the guy to get a new scanner.

Reaction score
Hahaha, I would but he just got it, for 600 quid he got a damn good machine, but he's using gear he got with a tiny pc 6 years ago. With that age, i thought it would definately be installed with a windows driver but unfortunately not. The epson site states that epson equipment should automatically install with x64 windows. Stupid ******************** (Sorry its more of a rant than a swear word!)

Reaction score
but he's using gear he got with a tiny pc 6 years ago. With that age,
:eek:
If you use 6 year old equipment on a new PC only one has to be unstable> it will conflict with the whole set-up;) Bugger;)

Ask a Question