Say goodbye to the computer mouse!

Reaction score
It's nearly 40 years old but one leading research company says the days of the computer mouse are numbered.

For more click HERE

Reaction score
Many research companies have said this in the past.

The problem being is that the mouse is soooo versitile that unless you want 5 different input methods it's going to be around for even longer.

Example :-
Touch screens - great for manipulation, poor for gaming.
Trackerball - great for CAD etc, not bad for gaming.
Gesture movement - great for exercise, great for specific areas, poor for confined spaces, poor for specific software.
Mouse - not great at anything but good at everything in almost any space.

When something is capable of this you know its going to have the stay of time.
(I only forsee it becoming redundant when physical input is no-longer used, i.e. brain-wave readers, neural uplinks etc, but I truely doubt these will occure in our lifetimes)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
"You even have emotive systems where you can wear a headset and control a computer by simply thinking and that's a device set to hit the market in September."

.... Sometimes other humans have a problem sorting out my thought processes, so I dread to think what a computer would make of them :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:

.... Sometimes other humans have a problem sorting out my thought processes, so I dread to think what a computer would make of them
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

I agree, and with the faces I pull when i'm thinking, my computer would blow up after 10 seconds, so there goes facial recognition out the window for me.....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As long as i can still play games i dont mind. :D

Ask a Question