Saving video to a DV tape from computer

After editing my movie (transferred from my Sony
DCRHC40 to my computer via i.Link) on Windows Movie
Maker, I attempt to send/save the movie on my DV tape
in my DCRHC40 via the i.Link. The movie (when saved
to my computer's hard drive) plays back very well;
however, when playing it back on my DCRHC40, after my
computer says that the movie has transferred
successfully, I find that the movie is distorted and
very choppy. In fact, it is unrecognizable. What is
the problem?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

When transferring the movie back to the digital camcorder, ensure you're
running as little as possible in the background. Turn off Seti at Home,
TEMPORARILY disable antivirus, stop playing MP3s and stop surfing. Step
Away From the Computer.

Go make a cup of coffee, do the laundry, washing, dishwashing, vaccuuming
etc. Leave the PC alone to do what it does best.

How does it look now?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Saving video to a DV tape from computer" <Saving video to a DV tape from
news:[email protected]...

Treeman

(e-mail address removed) wrote in message
After editing my movie (transferred from my Sony
DCRHC40 to my computer via i.Link) on Windows Movie
Maker, I attempt to send/save the movie on my DV tape
in my DCRHC40 via the i.Link. The movie (when saved
to my computer's hard drive) plays back very well;
however, when playing it back on my DCRHC40, after my
computer says that the movie has transferred
successfully, I find that the movie is distorted and
very choppy. In fact, it is unrecognizable. What is
the problem?
-

I'd like to add to what Cari said;
Trying to render video to the same hard drive that is running the OS is
impractical. Due to the fact that you have so many processes going on in
the background. An external drive, USB or Firewire is your best bet.
Treeman