Saving images for powerpoint.

Tom Dunne

I am trying to produce my first presentation using powerpoint.
For the web I save images at 75
For printing I save them at 300
What resolution is best for images for use in a PP presentation.
very many thanks

Andy I.

Hi John,

I checked the link to PPTools. I find that if I change the resolution of
the picture to be the same as that of the monitor display, as recommended,
in order for the picture to fill the slide, the aspect ratio of the picture
is changed, and distorted.
I have a 19" LG LCD Monitor. The display is set at 1280 X 1024 Pixels. The
picture dimensions are 640 X 456 Pixels. The original Aspect Ratio of the
picture is 1:1.4. It changes to 1:1.25 (which of course is the Aspect
ratio of the monitor screen).

Am I doing something wrong here?
Andy I.

"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
: See here:
:
: http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00415.htm
: --
: Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials-
: http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
: http://www.technologytrish.co.uk
: email john AT technologytrish.co.uk
:
:
: "Tom Dunne" wrote:
:
: > I am trying to produce my first presentation using powerpoint.
: > For the web I save images at 75
: > For printing I save them at 300
: > What resolution is best for images for use in a PP presentation.
: > very many thanks
: >
: >
: >

Steve Rindsberg

Hi John,

I checked the link to PPTools. I find that if I change the resolution of
the picture to be the same as that of the monitor display, as recommended,
in order for the picture to fill the slide, the aspect ratio of the picture
is changed, and distorted.
I have a 19" LG LCD Monitor. The display is set at 1280 X 1024 Pixels. The
picture dimensions are 640 X 456 Pixels. The original Aspect Ratio of the
picture is 1:1.4. It changes to 1:1.25 (which of course is the Aspect
ratio of the monitor screen).

Am I doing something wrong here?

Yep. For one, you may want to try just inserting the images rather than
upsampling them. Making them bigger adds no detail but will certainly make
your files larger.

Next, if you do change the size, retain the image's aspect ratio. They won't
quite fill the monitor screen but if you put black behind them, it won't much
matter.