Saving attachments to disc

Uwe Hafner

Hello,

Since some time possibly with one of the patches for Outlook XP or windows
it slowed down saving attachments to disk extremly. I want to save them to
different locations on disc but navigating to the folder is extremly slow in
the "save file" dialog of outlook.

I am talking about several minutes !! for every folder I click at (or
opening the combo box at the top).

The Windows explorer is not slow itself accessing the file system.
Has anybody an idea why this is so slow? or how I could speed this up?

thanks
Uwe

Roady [MVP]

Make sure you don't have any inaccessble shares mapped in Explorer. If that
doesn't work clear your Internet History and try again.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----