Save all attachments doesn't work

A

Adam Jacobs

I'm using Outlook 2003 (SP3), which for some reason has suddenly
stopped allowing me to save all attachments from some emails.

I can still right click on each attachment and save it individually,
but choosing "Save attachments..." from the file menu when an email is
open doesn't do anything (the menu option is still there, but clicking
on it has no effect). If I select the email from its folder, rather
than opening it, and choose "Save attachments" from the file menu,
instead of the sub-menu popping up giving me a choice of individual
attachments or all of them, I simply get one option called "None".

Bizarrely, this is not true of all emails. Some emails still let me
save attachments, but most don't. I haven't figured out any obvious
pattern of differences between the two kinds.

I'm using Windows XP, SP3.

Any ideas?

F

Francisco S

For Outlook 2003:
a.Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
b.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security
c.Double-click the OutlookSecureTempFolder string value to examine and then note the specified folder path.
d.Click Cancel.
e.On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
f.Click Start, click Run, type the following command (including the quotation marks), and then click OK:
"C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKfoldername"
Note The placeholder OLKFoldername in this path represents the last subfolder that you noted for the OutlookSecureTempFolder value in step C.

F

fsandoval60

I'm using Outlook 2003 (SP3), which for some reason has suddenly stopped allowing me to save all attachments from some emails.I can still right click on each attachment and save it individually, but choosing "Save attachments..." from the file menu when an email is open doesn't do anything (the menu option is still there, but clicking on it has no effect). If I select the email from its folder, rather than opening it, and choose "Save attachments" from the file menu, instead of the sub-menu popping up giving me a choice of individual attachments or all of them, I simply get one option called"None".Bizarrely, this is not true of all emails. Some emails still let mesave attachments, but most don't. I haven't figured out any obvious pattern of differences between the two kinds.I'm using Windows XP, SP3.Any ideas?

Go to this site here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817878

Ask a Question