Save AS Window does not appear

Reaction score
Recently I've been unable to get the "save as" dialogue to appear, except in programs like Word and Excel. If I'm trying to capture an image for instance, I can right click and select "save as," but then NOTHING happens. Any advice on how to fix this?

Reaction score
Pamelaj said:
Recently I've been unable to get the "save as" dialogue to appear, except in programs like Word and Excel. If I'm trying to capture an image for instance, I can right click and select "save as," but then NOTHING happens. Any advice on how to fix this?

Hi Pamela...

When you say you are trying to capture an image, and right click to "Save As"..I take it you mean you are trying to capture an image from a website..?Some sites are scripted so that a viewer can't righ click and save...This might be the problem in your case, and not be that there is actually anything wrong with your computer...
:thumb:

Reaction score
Yes, this can be an image or file from a website, but even something in my own computer. In other words, nothing I want to "save as" in windows is working except in Word and Excel (and maybe some other programs I've tried.

I do know the difference between the scripted images and "any old" images. If I wanted to quickly snag a photo off of my own website (which is not scripted), I wouldn't be able to do that. So there's something ELSE wrong :-(

Also, if I'm downloading a document, for instance, and get the option to "open" or "save," if I choose "save," nothing happens.

Reaction score
Ah ok, I understand a bit better now..What OS are you running..?Let me know and i'll go have a look around and see what I can come up with that is causing this, and how to resolve the issue..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Ah ok, I understand a bit better now..What OS are you running..?Let me know and i'll go have a look around and see what I can come up with that is causing this, and how to resolve the issue..

OK, this is MS Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2.
Pentium 4 CPU, 2.4 GHz, 2.39 GHz, 1.50 GB Ram.

THanks for your help!

Reaction score
I haven't managed to find anything yet, but I am wondering did this issue start around the same time you nticed your drive letter on your exteranl HDD changed https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3825522.php ..?I wonder if the two issues are realted and perhaps somebody hasn't been buggering about with your computer while you were away..? Just a thought really..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I haven't managed to find anything yet, but I am wondering did this issue start around the same time you nticed your drive letter on your exteranl HDD changed https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3825522.php ..?I wonder if the two issues are realted and perhaps somebody hasn't been buggering about with your computer while you were away..? Just a thought really..
Well, that IS an interesting question!

Now that I have redesignated the drive letter to the appropriate path, perhaps this will resolve! (will go experiment and let you know)

Reaction score
Pamelaj said:
Well, that IS an interesting question!

Now that I have redesignated the drive letter to the appropriate path, perhaps this will resolve! (will go experiment and let you know)

Well, knock me down with a 2 x 4 -- problem resolved! YAY -- thank you!

Reaction score
Pamelaj said:
Well, knock me down with a 2 x 4 -- problem resolved! YAY -- thank you!

Nice one, glad thats resolved quickly....Another happy PC Review member....:thumb::thumb:

Ask a Question