SATA drives durring initial Install of Win XP Pro

For SATA Drives the following. Win XP Pro first screen asks me to type F6 to
install Raid or SCSI drives. Then I am to point to floppy that has the proper
drivers for my chipset so that SATA drive can be recognized by Win XP.

When I type F6, nothing happens, no prompt and the install continues to next
command and hangs first file copy to hard drive. No install continues.

WSZsr

What brand and model computer? Where did you get the driver diskette?

"SATA Drive, F6 durring Install of XP Pro" <SATA Drive, F6 durring Install
of XP (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Do you have a RAID set installed (2 hds),does the board have RAID,if no set
exist,the board and XP wont use the drivers youre trying to install by
F6,thats
only used for a RAID set,or if the controller exist on the board,if a SCSI
drive
is installed solo,no drivers are used in the F6 process.