Samsung V25 display insulate contact

Reaction score
Since yesterday, my Samsung V25 display flickers wildly with every key i press on the keyboard.
It started suddenly with no discernible cause.
Mostly, I end up with vertical stripes of various colors on my display. The only reproducible way to "cure" this is to press on the dark blue plastic between keyboard and display about about an inch to the left of the power button.
That is just over the spot where the cord from the display ends in the connection to the motherboard.
I have removed the plastic already to disconnect and reconnect the connector but this gave only a very short relief.
So as i am typing this with my right hand, I am pressing with my left finger that connector in order not to lose the dsiplay view. I am sick and tired of this gymnastics.
Does anybody have a service manual for this laptop?
Warrenty is over and a replacement of the mothe board costs about double the amount of a second hand V25 at ebay.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm facing exactly the same problems as you do. Same notebook, same point to press with my finger, same stripes on the display.
I did nor yet check the costs for repair. My warranty is also over since June/05.
I'm also looking for a special service manual with electrical and mechanical drawings. I would appreciate very much, you to tell me when you've got one manual and vice versa.

Sylvandy

Reaction score
Problem fixed (temporarily)

1. I believe that the problem is that the connector has become partially detached from the motherboard.
The repair option would probably be to replace the motherboard at twice the cost of a second hand V25.

2. I found a direction into which I had to push the connector to secure contact namely towards the "V25" mark on the display frame, i.e. to the right and away from you as you sit typing.
I took a piece of plastic sheet - somewhat thicker than a transparency and folded it into a 1/4''by1'' stripe about 1/50'' thick. I inserted this strip between the connector and the surrounding casing on two sides around the left lower corner of the connector and cut away the parts that hindered reattachment of the blue cover.
Result: No more flickering colors since and a stable display image.

3. Next time I see a motherboard on offer at a reasonable price at ebay I will try to get it but I can get on with my work meanwhile.

4. Please keep me posted about your success/failure in repair attempts and above all about the suppport/repair manuals you might find.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response.
I've also located the connector for the possible reason for this problem. Yesterday I removed the center keyboard screw at the bottom, the keyboard itself, and the 3 screws on top the blue plastic is fixed with. I could lift this plastic part a little bit on the right and on the left side, but in the middle it didn't move at all and I feared to brake it, if I would bend it more. How did you remove this platic part without breaking it? Damned good job!

Today I googled and asked some guys at work for service manuals and /or repair information. I've gor some adresses but none of them has something about the samsung V25. My next step will be to contact a small local dealer hoping to get some service and repair information there.

Maybe these adresses could be helpful for you in other searches for service stuff:

http://www.e-plan.josefscholz.de
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/service_manual/datasheets_a_1200.html
http://www.e-plan.josefscholz.de/Weitere/SchaltplanLinks.html
"Schaltplan" means schematic. There are many .ru links that probably could be helpful for notebooks too.
If you need support to translate german into english I recommend:

http://dict.leo.org/?lang=en&lp=ende&search=

Sylvandy

Reaction score
Blue plastic

Thank you for the interesting links. I have not found any info on the V25 there, however. Have you had any success?
The blue plastic has no other removable screws except the ones you mentioned.
Taking it out the first time required a certain amount of desparation on my side, too.
Wenn I put it back in, I insert it vertically along the long side close to the display. There is a little hook in the middle that requires some careful attention. So for removing it, I recommend to bend it upwards at the left and right corners close to the keyboard. Be careful not to break it. It is not that risky, I have done this 5-10 times meanwhile.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi langevin,

Hopefully I had success.

I called a german samsung spare part dealer and asked for a service manual. They had none, but they gave me an adress in Berlin, where I probably could get one.

Here is the link:

http://www.schaltungsdienst.de/gb/index.html

click on catalog,

look for: (leave unchanged)
model name: sens v25
manufacturer: (empty)
red the no of results: (leave unchanged)

click on go and you will find the order number for the service manual.

I've ordered one. And hopefully I will get it in the next few days.
Will keep you informed.

Sylvandy

Reaction score
I've got the service manual

Hi langevin,

I've got the service manual. All schematics inside and a lot of exploded views.
Do you need some information?

Sylvandy

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi.
Can one of you nice people tell me nice and simply how to take the keyboard off and also how to open the case? I am terrified of doing some real damage to my V25. I have the same problem, kind of, with the screen only mine just slowly flashed from black to white and back again. pressing on the corner as you said did sort this problem.
The fault I have at the moment is with the power supply. When you plug it in it does nothing unless you wiggle the wire around until it connects and then hold it there and type with one hand. It is not the power cable or the plug as I have checked both of those. the pin inside the socket on the back of the laptop seems loose. Can this be tightened up?
Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Reaction score
Keyboard

Hi,

to take off the keyboard is quite simple. I'ts only one screw. You can find this screw at the bottom of the notebook, titled "KBD" (stands for keyboard). After you've removed this screw, you can lift the keyboard on top side. There is a flat cable which you must carefully remove from it's connector.
I will post more detailled information about how to open the case, but it will take some time.

Two things: Take care of all screws, collect them anyhow and, most important, take care on ESD-issues (ElectroStaticDischarge).

regards
Sylvandy

Reaction score
Hi there,

Am i right in thinking there is 9 screws on the bottom altogether?

I have taken them all out but still cannot remove the keyboard or bezel (dark plastic piece) at the top of the keyboard.

It does feel as if it is hinged in by 1 or more screws, is it just tough and need a little brute force?

Cheers,
Olie

Reaction score
How I remove the keyboard

I remove the screw at the bottom marked KBD.
I lift the -> right cursor key on the right so much that the platine bends a little upward and I can insert my right thumb nail underneath.
Then I press the platine towards the display (north) and liift the front edge of the platine on my side (south) up starting from the right end (east).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Samsung V25 keyboard removal

Keyboard removal is described quite well in the owners manual available free of charge - normally supplied on cd with laptop.

Can anyone supply a copy of the dismantling procedure for the V25? I'm getting intermittent connection on my microphone and earphone sockets.

Reaction score
sylvandy said:
Hi langevin,

Sylvandy
Any chance of getting copy of basic info to access microphone/headphone sockets. Mine have gone intermittent and I guess it's a soldered joint problem.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I think Im having the same problem as you are! Ive had a lot of problems with my V25 the insurance and warrenty have just run out typically! I only recently sent it away to be fixed because there was a problem with the connection between the battery and motherboard or something and you could only use it through the adapter! They told me they had to put a new motherboard in which they have but now they have returned it, it worked fine for the first week and now i get a screen problem. I don't get no strips or colours it just appears as if the back light is turned off because i can still just about see whats on the screen. Sometimes its flickers on and off and its fine, but today it wont stay on at all! Ive played with the connection to and it works sometimes but not all the time! Is this the same problem as the rest of you?

Reaction score
sylvandy said:
Hi langevin,

Sylvandy

hi, i have the same problem u had. did the manual help u? did u get ur laptop to work?

Reaction score
hm, it was aimed at sylvandy, actually....i wanted to send him/her an email but her/his settings don't allow it :? this is baaad xD

Reaction score
Josh140 said:
Hi guys, I think Im having the same problem as you are! Ive had a lot of problems with my V25 the insurance and warrenty have just run out typically! I only recently sent it away to be fixed because there was a problem with the connection between the battery and motherboard or something and you could only use it through the adapter! They told me they had to put a new motherboard in which they have but now they have returned it, it worked fine for the first week and now i get a screen problem. I don't get no strips or colours it just appears as if the back light is turned off because i can still just about see whats on the screen. Sometimes its flickers on and off and its fine, but today it wont stay on at all! Ive played with the connection to and it works sometimes but not all the time! Is this the same problem as the rest of you?

I had exactly the same problem and situation. I brought it to a local laptop repair shop and sorted it out but didn't last long. Mine's a V20 but has the same layout as a V25.

I recently removed the blue plastic above the keyboard to see the connection. Found out that the connector is broken. Is it possible to replace just this connector? or do i need to replace the whole lot including the inverter inside the screen?

http://www.dropshots.com/JVMP#albums/Laptop

TIA

Reaction score
Hi guys

im having exactly the same problem heres how you sort it out:-

if you take the thin blue bit of across the top of the key board were cable connects to the motherboard unscrew the the screw at the right of it, then take the plug out and plug it back in. When yo screw it back in screw it in tight hold the plug down and then unscrew it until it works thats how i got mine to work.
thanx

mashman

Ask a Question