Samsung monitor

Reaction score
I just got a new Samsung monitor(20" syncmaster 205BW) to rep[lace my Viewsonic which died. The old monitor was 4x3 format. The new monitor is mailbox format. I installed the correct driver that came with the new monitor, but my desktop and all photos still have the "stretched-out" distorted appearance. What settings do I change to fix this? Thanks.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It may just be a case of getting used to looking at the new widescreen monitor, tbh, it can sometimes take a little getting used to.

I have two widescreen and one square monitor and now it's actually the square one which looks a little odd to me.

You can, of course, try messing with screen settings (right click on desk top/settings/screen resolution.

That may help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Like Flops says, it could be the resolution - do you have it set to a widescreen format to match your monitor?

Reaction score
Some times setting the correct frquency can help aswell take it as high as its able 75hz or above :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Schwarzjs - what graphics card do you have?

It may be that it isn't good enough to support the resolution you require, or you need to update the drivers.

Reaction score
Ghost image

We solved the problem of the letter box format by getting a new NVIDIAvideo card that supports that format, which the old one didn't. Now there's a really bad problem with a ghost image that makes the screen hard to look at and makes small print very difficult to read. Any idea how to fix that?

Ask a Question