Samsung monitor won't power up. PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought a Samsung 20" LCD SyncMaster 206BW monitor off of Craigslist (I know) about a week ago. Everything was fine and the monitor was working perfectly when I left for the airport yesterday morning. I powered down the computer and turned off my monitor at that time.

When I returned tonight the monitor simply would not turn on. Not even a hint of activity. I tried plugging the plug into different sockets, changing the power cable, and plugging the monitor into a different computer. I even unplugged everything and let it sit for about an hour before trying it again. None of this worked. The only hint of life I see is when I unplug the monitor, when I plug it back in the blue standby light flashes for about 1.5sec. Then nothing.

I have searched this forum and the Web in general and, though I've found a few people with a similar problem, I have not found any answers. There is nothing on the samsung site either.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It may be the power module gone kapuut mate easily replaced if you can get one and know what to do

craigslist???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I had a similar problem last week . Simple to fix . I just put another pound coin in the meter .

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Update:

Weirdest thing.....I'm on the phone with the Samsung rep after explaining the problem and she is setting up an exchange for me since she thinks it needs to be replaced. As I'm waiting I absenst mindedly press the power button a few time in rapid succession and, low and behold, the monitor pops on!

Is this some sort of "reset" function for the monitor? I asked the rep and she had never heard of that, but I swear its the ONLY thing that could have done it since I hadn't moved the monitor since posting last night and done nothing different. Anyways, all is well (for now), but thanks just same everybody.

Reaction score
trdasu1014 said:
Update:

Weirdest thing.....I'm on the phone with the Samsung rep after explaining the problem and she is setting up an exchange for me since she thinks it needs to be replaced.

As I said, funny things power modules in monitors ;)

Ask a Question