S.T.A.L.K.E.R Update

Reaction score
Another HalfLife clone You decide. Trailer available under Box Shot

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/STCS10/3-/161094/S_T_A_L_K_E_R_Shadow_of_Chernobyl/Product.html

Heads Up

Gigantic game world of the Zone of 30 square kilometers
Free non-linear exploration with vast outdoor and indoor areas
Constantly changing world of the Zone and unique life simulation system
Unique types of weapons and enemy impact: gravitational weapons, psychotropic weapons, telekinesis, telepathy, taking under control
About 30 types of weapons with weapon upgrades - optics or barrel-attached grenade launcher for your rifle to make it a super gun
Strong non-linear story line with over 8 completely different endings
Original creatures and their abilities: group intellect, telepathy, telekinesis with realistic communication with any sapient character
Realistic AI and life simulation of game creatures and characters
Trade of weapons, artifacts, equipment and control of vehicles
Mind blowing graphics and weather effects powered by X-Ray engine
Endless replay-ability owing to unique life simulation system

Reaction score
No i just thought i would post this and have a laugh to see what trouble i could stir ;)

LOL

nver mind i thought they lookd familiar to each other

Reaction score
:p Hardly surprises me with you stirring trouble :D.

Im not too confident with this... read a few previews that suggest bugs, and nothing terribly new to show.

Think Oblivion's freedom and Dark Messiahs brutal combat but replaced with guns.

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is at the top of my list for new games i am waiting for along with Crysis. :D

Reaction score
If you're interested, read the review by PCG's Jim Rossignol Here.
8/10.
It has surprised me.
I guess you have to play the game to get the full story, and in this case not rely on previews and trailers...

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It was in stock at my local GAME shop on Friday.

Well I think it was, the proper case with price on was at the front of the shop but at the back in the top 20 games shelf, just the reserve case was on display. It cost thirty quid.

I toyed with the idea of buying it but I'm put off by stealth tactics, never could get on with the Thief games or any of that Tom Clancy stuff, even the little bit of stealth in the Soldier Of Fortune games irritated me.

I shall wait and see what you fellas think of it first.

PS: It's In Stock at Play.com for £18.00.

Reaction score
I'll get it when i have the dough, as they say :D

I dont think the 'stealth' bits are conventioanl stealth Floppy, more like hiding cause otherwise you will die, not cos the mission says so. Even if you did come across a stealthy bit, you could always bugger it and go shoot other things.
I never got into the thief or tom clancy games either...just ended up shooting everything :D.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Woo hoo, i forgot all about this, just ordered it! :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I been playing this for about a week now and its not stealthy more having to be a bit crafty and hiding in bushes to creep up on your enemies, You do die pretty quickly though a couple of hits and your life is virtually gone..

Still not sure on this one though even after a week, can be a bit slow in places having to ask questions of characters you meet in the game which holds things up a bit...

Graphics are superb on my new X1950 pro 512mb...:D

One thing I don't like is the way you start off with only a Bolt and a .45 handgun as weapons, and I hate them damn Dogs keep running up and biting you just when you least expect it....I like to get straight into the action and spread bullets everywhere....:nod:

Anyone paying £30 its not worth it but at £18 i'd say yeah give it a try..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm still umming and ahhing, for £18.00 though I may give it a go.

Would apreciate any feedback from people playing the game in this thread :)

I actually spent three hours playing FEAR Extraction Point yesterday (single player), quite enjoying that, even if it is a bit samey.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i got mine yesterday, didn't get much time to play, only managed to install it. Then it wouldn't run, secuROM wouldn't let it, and yes it is a valid shop bought copy of the game. I know how i can get it working though. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oops, that snippet of information has just put me right of. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I do not wish to jump through hoops & hacks to be able to play a legitimately bought "game" on my PC.

:rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Forgot to mention when i posted that, i thought i'd send an email to securom with the securom analysis file to see what they said. Apparently Keiro and process explorer are causing a software conflict.....

First time if its true, will let ya know. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
V_R said:
Forgot to mention when i posted that, i thought i'd send an email to securom with the securom analysis file to see what they said. Apparently Keiro and process explorer are causing a software conflict.....

First time if its true, will let ya know. :)
No, the "conflict" is confirmed ...

The version of SecuROM that comes with Armed Assault and S.T.A.L.K.E.R prevents the game from running at all if Process Explorer, a free tool offered by Microsoft, has been run since the previous reboot.
... must be true ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

I'll stick by my GUNS, and blacklist the game ... why do you have to jump through hoops to fix your game? ;)

Ask a Question