S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Totally forgot to make a thread about this! Now i loved the first one, (Shadow of Chernobyl) couldn't get into the Second one at all. (Clear Sky) So do i give this a go? At only £15 on Steam i may give it a go. :)

The game was released on the 5th Feb.

http://cop.stalker-game.com/?page=home

£18 on Amazon at the mo and the same at Play.com

Only £15 on Steam at the mo too.

The events of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat unfold shortly after the end of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Having discovered about the open path to the Zone center, the government decides to hold a large-scale military "Fairway" operation aimed to take the CNPP under control.

According to the operation's plan, the first military group is to conduct an air scouting of the territory to map out the detailed layouts of anomalous fields location. Thereafter, making use of the maps, the main military forces are to be dispatched.

Despite thorough preparations, the operation fails. Most of the avant-garde helicopters crash. In order to collect information on reasons behind the operation failure, Ukraine's Security Service send their agent into the Zone center.
From now on everything depends on the player.

Key game features
  • Photorealistic exclusion Zone – Pripyat town, Yanov railway station, Jupiter factory, Kopachi village and more, recreated by their true-to-life prototypes.
  • New story, a number of unique characters.
  • Extended system of side quests.
  • New monsters: Chimera and Burer. New behaviour and abilities for all monsters.
  • New A-Life system, created using the players' best-liked elements of the first two games in series.
  • Emissions considerably influence the world of the Zone.
  • Sleep function added into the game.
  • New player's interface.
  • Possibility to continue the game after completion in a freeplay mode.
  • The game is developed on X-Ray engine v.1.6
  • Supports DirectX 11.0

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz / AMD XP 2200+
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 128 MB DirectX® 8.0 compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 5700 / ATI Radeon™ 9600

Recommended System Requirements

• Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 / AMD 64 X2 5600+
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 512 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon™ HD 4850
Increased performance will be noticed on more powerful systems.

We recommend ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series (or better) video cards to enable DirectX® 11 and ATI Eyefinity technology for maximum performance and visual quality.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've still got the first two S.T.A.L.K.E.R games to try :blush: . I bought them from the Steam sale a while back, but I've not had the time to give them a try.

£15 doesn't seem bad for an addon assuming that you get plenty of extra game time. :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Been playing it for the past week now - Fantastic game! Definitely the best in the series.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ha ha the rcomended requirements are exactly what I have running in my pc :D then I noticed the ,

"We recommend ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series (or better) video cards to enable DirectX® 11 and ATI Eyefinity technology for maximum performance and visual quality."

Drat darn and blast.

So I think I''l give it a miss for now. Besides I'm stuck in the first game, crawled out of the sewers into the dark and before I can turn around I get shot.
laughingsmiley.gif
Took me a week to figure out it was a guy in a tower. Got him sorted and now some other prat keeps shooting me
laughingsmiley.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It will run in DX 9 or 10 though. :)

Ask a Question