Run Mac OS X on a PC

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that MacOS can run on Intel hardware, it is possible to install MacOS X on your standard desktop PC. This isn't possible out of the box and does require a level of modification to work:

"This article is meant as a kind of inspiration, if you will – a purely experimental attempt to build a system than runs Mac OS X from off-the-shelf components. The components themselves are also quite inexpensive, which fits well with the DIY theme. In the end, we were able to create a Mac with 2D graphics suitable for office tasks as well as home usage, thanks to the help of our resourceful friend. Gamers have the option of installing a more powerful 3D card and booting into Windows for more 3D power. The less charitable members of the hacker community would probably put it this way – dual boot between Mac OS and the toy OS."

Read the guide here.

Attachments

• macos.jpg
    macos.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,083

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Fascinating stuff :)

I really wouldn't mind a Mac dual booting Win XP.

But, even though they look gorgeous, they are expensive.

This 'Hackintosh' has possibilities.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes I would be interested in this for my Video editing and Apple Quicktime Movie editing....

Ask a Question