Run as Administrator option not always available

Jack

Why some installed programs is possible to start as administrator (there is
option available with the mouse right click) but some programs do not?
For example MsOffice (Excel) does not have that option?
Jack

Gordon

Jack said:
Why some installed programs is possible to start as administrator (there
is option available with the mouse right click) but some programs do not?
For example MsOffice (Excel) does not have that option?
Jack

Why would you want to run Excel as Administrator?

Jack

Simple.
I have another program which is started as administrator.
That program interacts with Excel (automation).
However, it cannot connect to Excel in such setup.
Jack

Gordon

Jack said:
Simple.
I have another program which is started as administrator.
That program interacts with Excel (automation).
However, it cannot connect to Excel in such setup.
Jack

<sigh> WHY do programmers write apps that must be run as an administrator?
it completely negates the security of running as a Standard User.
Well then if that's the case, AFAIK your only option is to log-on as an
administrator

©

©arl

Jack said:
Why some installed programs is possible to start as administrator (there
is option available with the mouse right click) but some programs do not?
For example MsOffice (Excel) does not have that option?
Jack
can you just not turn off UAC ?
--

©arl

306 Web Design Templates for just $15
http://www.306templates.com

..

Peter Foldes

Gordon

It depend when an OP installs a program. They can select for (I do not remember the
exact wording)

(1)For only me

(2)Everybody that uses this computer

It depends what they select. Default option being #1

Bill Yanaire

Gordon said:
<sigh> WHY do programmers write apps that must be run as an administrator?
it completely negates the security of running as a Standard User.
Well then if that's the case, AFAIK your only option is to log-on as an
administrator
Because that is what programmers do. Why do idiots like you complain about
the administrator account? By the way, after screwing up your computer and
deleting all your files, did you take the groups advice and disable the
administrator account on your machine so you can't screw up more of your
Vista?

Hope you did.

Clark

Jack said:
Why some installed programs is possible to start as administrator (there is
option available with the mouse right click) but some programs do not?
For example MsOffice (Excel) does not have that option?
Jack

If you really want, you can go to the Start Menu shortcut for Word and
properties. Look under the compatibility tab and check run as admin at
the bottom. I am currently in W7 but I would assume it is the same.

Clark

Gene E. Bloch

If you really want, you can go to the Start Menu shortcut for Word and
properties. Look under the compatibility tab and check run as admin at
the bottom. I am currently in W7 but I would assume it is the same.

Clark

I have Office 2003. In my case the shortcut doesn't provide that option
(it's in a different place: Properties / Shortcut tab / Advanced - and is
greyed out there; there's no Compatibility tab in Properties).

However, finding the MS Office folder in Program Files (x86) and
right-clicking & choosing Properties gets me that option as you described.

Ika

Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gene E. Bloch said:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:40:37 -0600, Clark wrote:

> Jack wrote:
>> Why some installed programs is possible to start as administrator (there is
>> option available with the mouse right click) but some programs do not?
>> For example MsOffice (Excel) does not have that option?
>> Jack
>>

> If you really want, you can go to the Start Menu shortcut for Word and
> properties. Look under the compatibility tab and check run as admin at
> the bottom. I am currently in W7 but I would assume it is the same.
>
> Clark

I have Office 2003. In my case the shortcut doesn't provide that option
(it's in a different place: Properties / Shortcut tab / Advanced - and is
greyed out there; there's no Compatibility tab in Properties).

However, finding the MS Office folder in Program Files (x86) and
right-clicking & choosing Properties gets me that option as you described.

--
Gene E. Bloch letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom

Thank you SOOO MUCHH Gene E. Bloch. I was searching couple of hours for how to run excel as administrator 'cause i didn't have such options by right click. Again thank you guys.