Rules and Alerts - Won't even Open

I cannot even get my "rules and alerts" to open to create rules. I didn't
work for me in Office 2003, I just upgraded to Office 2007, and I still can't
open the dialog box to get anything open. Something just flashes so quickly
I can't see the error message or could be the dialog box. Has anyone had a
problem like this? How can I get this to work? I use this feature at work
with no problem. thanks.

Hey - I just figured out the answer to my question! Well after so many years
of living without this, I figured it out. I don't know why my Rules and
Alerts dialog box will not open, but maybe it has to do with running on a
stand alone PC vs. an exchange server - but if I right mouse click on the
email that I want to apply a rule to, I do get some options, and if I click
on advanced, I get the whole enchilada. Strange how this won't open from my
menu.

Kahlukers

BillR [MVP]

I'm glad you have found a workaround but it doesn't matter if it is a
standalone PC or connected to Exchange. That dialog should still open via
the Tools menu. An exception might be if Outlook "thinks" you use Exchange
and is trying to open server side rules it can't access (not sure on this).
If you are happy with it as is then leave it.

Joined
Mar 13, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Not working for me. Can't open Rules and Alerts and don't have Advanced options.

--
Bill R MVP
news:[email protected]...