ruler and stcking in word



can anyone help... l have just got a new pc and am
having trouble with microsoft word 2004..... l need to
know 2 things....1. how do i get a ruler down the side
of the page as well as across the top?? and...2. after
inserting a pic onto a blank page in word... how do i
stack fonts from wordart on top of the pic??? i used to
use microsoft 2000... and this is nothing like it...
thanks in anticipation



Suzanne S. Barnhill

1. In Print Layout view, check the box for "Vertical ruler" on the View tab
of Tools | Options (the vertical ruler is not displayed in any other view).

2. There are two ways to put text on top of a picture. It depends which is
more important (or voluminous), the text or the picture.

a. If the picture is the main thing, and you just want a few text
labels, insert the picture In Line With Text (the default) and use text
boxes to add the labels. You can use WordArt, but you'll need to change the
wrapping to In Front of Text.

b. If the picture is background, you can change the wrapping to Behind
Text, and then ordinary document text will lie on top of it.

To change text wrapping, click on a graphic object to display the Picture
toolbar. The Text Wrapping button (which opens a menu) is the one with a dog

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question