RRAS messing up internal name resolution

nickc

I have a single windows 2000 DC that runs dns wins and
RRAS its ip is 10.1.1.12. Everything has been running
fine unitl this morning. Now when an external client runs
a vpn connection into our network the server assigns its
self a another address in rras of 10.1.1.169 which it has
picked up from dhcp. What happens next is that when an
internal client tries to access the server it resolves to
its .169 (rras)address. i tried configuring rras with a
static pool of addresses but then the server assigns
itsself the first ip from the static pool.I deleted the
address out of DNS and wins but it still resolves to the
incorrect one. this is stopping inrernal clients from
accessing the server

How do i stop ras from doing this.

thanks

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Nick,

This will do it.

289735 Routing and Remote Access IP Addresses Register in DNS
http://kb/article.asp?id=Q289735

Thanks,
Gary
--------------------
'--'From: "nickc" <[email protected]>
'--'Sender: "nickc" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: RRAS messing up internal name resolution
'--'Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:42:07 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
'--'

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.