RIS for XP SP2 administrator account being disabled

Shayne D. Swann

I am testing out our ris images for windows XP SP2 and I have noticed that
the administrator account is being disabled. I have set the password and
encrypted it with the setup wizard and we currently dont have complex
passwords enabled on our default domain policy, how ever it is still being
disabled. Does anyone know why or how I can auto enable the administrator
account.

You may want to check your answer file on the image you are downloading. In
the riprep.sif file there is a entry below the [data] field that disables the
local administrator account when it is joined to a domain during the mini
setup.

Hope this helps.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
See this article:
320490 How to turn on the local administrator account on a remote computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320490

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]