rights

G

I have a problem that a xp machine which is hooked up recently on a sbserver with active directory. A new local account was made and assigned to the administrator-group. A user on the sbserver was created, however a plain user, no administrator-rights and then joined the domain. Login goes well, but the problem is: when trying to install or setting up things on the local computer the user gets a error that a administrator-password is required. What do I do wrong??? The local user belongs to the administrator-group and still password is needed.

G

Mario,

In the last line of your message, you wrote "The local user belongs to the administrator-group and still password is needed." Can you clarify the following for me:

Q: Is the account your assigned to the %localhost%\Administrators group eithe

A) %localhost%\%Username% and then added to the local admins group

or is the account %domainname%\%username% and then added to the local admins group

You can verify this by right mouse clicking on "My Computer" and then selecting the "Manage" option. Go to Local Users and Groups, and then verify whether the account that was added to the local admins group was a local or domain-level account, and then verify if the account that you are currently logged in under is a local or domain level account.

Please let me know how this one turns out for you.

----- mario wrote: ----

I have a problem that a xp machine which is hooked up recently on a sbserver with active directory. A new local account was made and assigned to the administrator-group. A user on the sbserver was created, however a plain user, no administrator-rights and then joined the domain. Login goes well, but the problem is: when trying to install or setting up things on the local computer the user gets a error that a administrator-password is required. What do I do wrong??? The local user belongs to the administrator-group and still password is needed.

Ask a Question