Restore Backup problem

Ken Rock

Hi,
For various reasons, I decided to reformat my computer's hard disk
drives running with Windows XP Home OS. I used the Backup facility to
store the contents of hard disks (C, F and G) to an external firewire
hard disk drive and reformatted. I then reloaded Windows XP Home from
the original CD.
When I come to restore the contents of the hard disks, I cannot find the
Restore function (or the Backup function)on the computer.
Can anyone suggest how I can restore the contents of the disks?
Thanks in advance.
Ken Rock

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Installing the Backup Program on the Home Version
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------------

:

| Hi,
| For various reasons, I decided to reformat my computer's hard disk
| drives running with Windows XP Home OS. I used the Backup facility to
| store the contents of hard disks (C, F and G) to an external firewire
| hard disk drive and reformatted. I then reloaded Windows XP Home from
| the original CD.
| When I come to restore the contents of the hard disks, I cannot find the
| Restore function (or the Backup function)on the computer.
| Can anyone suggest how I can restore the contents of the disks?
| Thanks in advance.
| Ken Rock

Rock

Ken said:
Hi,
For various reasons, I decided to reformat my computer's hard disk
drives running with Windows XP Home OS. I used the Backup facility to
store the contents of hard disks (C, F and G) to an external firewire
hard disk drive and reformatted. I then reloaded Windows XP Home from
the original CD.
When I come to restore the contents of the hard disks, I cannot find the
Restore function (or the Backup function)on the computer. Can
anyone suggest how I can restore the contents of the disks?
Thanks in advance.
Ken Rock

Ntbackup is not installed by default in XP Home, though in is on the
retail installation CD in the \MSFT\ValueADD\Ntbackup folder as
ntbackup.msi. Double click that file to install it. Some OEMs do not
include ntbackup on the CD. If that's the case download it from here:

Ken said:
Hi,
For various reasons, I decided to reformat my computer's hard disk
drives running with Windows XP Home OS. I used the Backup facility to
store the contents of hard disks (C, F and G) to an external firewire
hard disk drive and reformatted. I then reloaded Windows XP Home from
the original CD.
When I come to restore the contents of the hard disks, I cannot find the
Restore function (or the Backup function)on the computer. Can
anyone suggest how I can restore the contents of the disks?
Thanks in advance.
Ken Rock
Thank you, Gentlemen, for your time and consideration. Aren't Newsgroups
wonderful?
Regards, Ken Rock

Mike Fields

Ken Rock said:
Thank you, Gentlemen, for your time and consideration. Aren't
Newsgroups wonderful?
Regards, Ken Rock

I didn't see the original post -- from this one, it is difficult to
tell if you did not get a reply or you did and were happy.
If you didn't get an answer, the backup utility is NOT
installed by default in XP Home. Snoop around MS and
they have an article on how to install it - or just google for
XP Home backup

mikey