Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection - HP C5180 or Canon Pixma MP530?

Mike

Hi, I need a replacement multifunction inkjet printer (print/scan but fax
isn't necessary).
I've owned two HP multifunction printers, most recently HP 2351, but both of
them developed
paper feed problems. After spending a couple of hours trying to fix it,
including browsing the
HP website, I decided to cut my losses and get a new printer.

I mainly print text and only occasionally use color and infrequently print
photos and scan infrequently
but need good results when I use it.

Can I refill the inkjet cartridges on the HP C5180 and the Canon Pixma
MP530?
If so, which ink is recommended? I read pigment inks are best.

CNET prefers the Pixma MP530 over the C5180.

I'd like to hear from people who have used these printers.

Thanks,

Mike

Paul

Mike

i just junked an hp3210 all in one because of paper feed problems .. got a
canon pixma 530
and it is doing fine .. feeds great and prints pictures very well .. there
is a learning curve with this printer due to having 2 feeds but i am doing
fine now .. i would always recommend canon over hp

paul

Mike

Paul said:
Mike

i just junked an hp3210 all in one because of paper feed problems .. got
a canon pixma 530
and it is doing fine .. feeds great and prints pictures very well .. there
is a learning curve with this printer due to having 2 feeds but i am doing
fine now .. i would always recommend canon over hp
I've had it w/ HP inkjets. COSTCO sells the Canon MP 530 delivered for
$179.00.
Which inks are you using? Do you refill the cartrdiges?

Mike

i've had it w/ HP inkjets. COSTCO

measekite

Mike wrote:

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Mike i just junked an hp3210 all in one because of paper feed problems .. got a canon pixma 530 and it is doing fine .. feeds great and prints pictures very well .. there is a learning curve with this printer due to having 2 feeds but i am doing fine now .. i would always recommend canon over hp

I've had it w/ HP inkjets. COSTCO sells the Canon MP 530 delivered for $179.00. Which inks are you using? Do you refill the cartrdiges? Mike

There are no generic ink for sale that meets the specifications specfied for the mp530

i've had it w/ HP inkjets. COSTCO