From: jpnewport ([email protected])
Subject: Outlook 2003: reply to all doesn't include self

View this article only

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
Date: 2003-10-22 09:52:36 PST
I just installed Outlook 2003 (love it so far) but when I
reply to all, my own address doesn't appear in the TO:,
CC: or BC: fields -- and I want it to. In my old Outlook
(2000 version) my address was included automatically
(assuming it was in the original message I'm replying to)
and in installing Outlook 2003 I migrated all my
settings, so I don't know why it changed. More
perplexingly, I can't figure out how to accomplish this.

In sum: When I receive a multi-recipient email and reply
to all, how do I rig Outlook 2003 so that my own address
is automatically included in (or, stated another way,
isn't automatically deleted from) the reply-to-all
recipient list?
Message 2 in thread
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Outlook 2003: reply to all doesn't include self

View this article only

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
Date: 2003-10-22 10:04:41 PST
you'll need to enter it back - it was a bug that it was included in
previous
versions (outlook didn't know who 'you' were and left all addresses on
it)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

jpnewport said:
I just installed Outlook 2003 (love it so far) but when I
reply to all, my own address doesn't appear in the TO:,
CC: or BC: fields -- and I want it to. In my old Outlook
(2000 version) my address was included automatically
(assuming it was in the original message I'm replying to)
and in installing Outlook 2003 I migrated all my
settings, so I don't know why it changed. More
perplexingly, I can't figure out how to accomplish this.

In sum: When I receive a multi-recipient email and reply
to all, how do I rig Outlook 2003 so that my own address
is automatically included in (or, stated another way,
isn't automatically deleted from) the reply-to-all
recipient list?
Message 3 in thread
From: jpnewport ([email protected])

View this article only

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
Date: 2003-10-22 10:18:56 PST
Thanks for replying.

So am I correct in assuming that for each reply-to-all
message I now send, I have to manually go up to the CC:
line and enter my own address? (Assuming I want to
receive a copy of what I send, which I do -- and not just
in the "sent items" folder.)

I vaguely recall seeing a "include self when replying"
option (or something like that) related to some Microsoft
product or other in the past. Does this ring a bell with
you?

Thanks again!

http://groups.google.com/groups? as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30

jpnewport said:
I just installed Outlook 2003 (love it so far) but when I
reply to all, my own address doesn't appear in the TO:,
CC: or BC: fields -- and I want it to. In my old Outlook
(2000 version) my address was included automatically
(assuming it was in the original message I'm replying to)
and in installing Outlook 2003 I migrated all my
settings, so I don't know why it changed. More
perplexingly, I can't figure out how to accomplish this.

In sum: When I receive a multi-recipient email and reply
to all, how do I rig Outlook 2003 so that my own address
is automatically included in (or, stated another way,
isn't automatically deleted from) the reply-to-all
recipient list?

.
Message 4 in thread
From: (e-mail address removed)