Event ID: 1061
Date: 14/11/2003
Time: 11:37:20 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Computer: EUROPA
Internal error: The directory replication agent (DRA)
call returned error 5.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: NTDS KCC
Event Category: Knowledge Consistency Checker
Event ID: 1265
Date: 14/11/2003
Time: 10:52:20 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EUROPA
The attempt to establish a replication link with
parameters

Partition: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ourdomain,DC=com
Source DSA DN: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=CALLISTO,CN=Servers,CN=Burloak,CN=Sites,CN=Con
figuration,DC=ourdomain,DC=com
Source DSA Address: 5673215d-87e2-4c3b-8204-
4ffeafe0c2f2._msdcs.ourdomain.com
Inter-site Transport (if any):

failed with the following status:

Access is denied.

The record data is the status code. This operation will
be retried.
Data:
0000: 05 00 00 00 ....

**************

I have also noticed in Replmon that the original DC's
only show connections to each other in the main screen.
However when I open the properties for the old servers
the inbound connections list the new server (Callisto) as
Auto Created, but the reasons pane shows the following
info:

**************
-----------------------------------
Connection Name: cb927d75-622b-4f5f-8132-19833a8515ac

Replication Partner: Burloak\COCKATRICE
Administrator Generated?: AUTO

Reasons for this connection:
----------------------------
Directory Partition
(CN=Configuration,DC=ourdomain,DC=com)
Replicated because the replication partner is a
ring neighbor.
Directory Partition (DC=ourdomain,DC=com)
Replicated because the replication partner is a
ring neighbor.
Directory Partition
(CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ourdomain,DC=com)
Replicated because the replication partner is a
ring neighbor.

Connection Name: e3e7f12a-17e2-4f39-8f87-8fc2e297d47d

Replication Partner: Burloak\CALLISTO
Administrator Generated?: AUTO

Reasons for this connection:
----------------------------
Directory Partition
(CN=Configuration,DC=ourdomain,DC=com)
This replication connection is created because
another replication partner has surpassed the allowed
failure limit.
Directory Partition (DC=ourdomain,DC=com)
This replication connection is created because
another replication partner has surpassed the allowed
failure limit.
Directory Partition
(CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ourdomain,DC=com)
This replication connection is created because
another replication partner has surpassed the allowed
failure limit.

**************

I have been trying to find out what might be wrong, or
how to troubleshoot this, and have not had much luck.

I have already looked at and discarded the information in
these Q-Docs:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-
us;328701&
us;306091&Product=win2000
us;329860

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chriss3

Hm, look like broken relationtrusts between DC´s

i think the fastest way to get raid of it is to DCPROMO demote one of them,
and DCPROMO it back.

//chrisse

Andrew Wagg

Thanks for the response Chriss,

I just tried a DCpromo, on the new one and get :

The operation failed because: The Directory Service
failed to replicate off changes made locally. "Access is
denied. "

David Pharr [MSFT]

Check that dns is configured properly - check out the following kb article:

263624 Cannot Remove Active Directory from a Replica Domain Controller
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=263624

To see if your DCs are configured properly, look at the following kb
articles:
298143 How to Verify an Active Directory Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298143

260371 Troubleshooting Common Active Directory Setup Issues in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260371
| From: "Andrew Wagg" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Andrew Wagg" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Replication errors
| Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:26:50 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
|
| Thanks for the response Chriss,
| I just tried a DCpromo, on the new one and get :
| The operation failed because: The Directory Service
| failed to replicate off changes made locally. "Access is
| denied. "

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)

george

Hi,

you have to give the other servers login locally permissions to writ to the
sysvol directory. You do this in one of the security templates, I had the
same issue a year ago. Che the knowlege base to get the correct proceedure.

Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]

Andrew,

While it sounds like you have a good idea of what is going one, let's try to
accumulate a little bit more information. Have you run dcdiag /v and
netdiag /v on all of your DCs? You might find it easier to redirect the
output to a folder, so simply add the '> c:\dc01dcdiag.log' and '>
c:\dc01netdiag.log'. Then open each up using Notepad and search for 'error'
and 'fail'.

I am betting that there is something DNS-related to find. Have you run
'netdiag /fix' on your DCs? Have you opened the DNS MMC and verified that
all is present and correct ( you should have the four '_folder' sub-folders?
Are all DCs there? Do you have a RLZ?

There might be a few other things that could be going on but let's take a
look at these things first.

HTH,

Cary