Outlook Replace Outlook .pst file

Reaction score
I have Outlook 3 and Outlook 10 versions on two different computers. Contacts and Calender in my Outlook 3 is updated regularly. However, I am not able to Sync with my cell running MS Windows mobile. However, I am able to Sync through my second computer running Outlook 10. Is there simple way to take .pst file from Outlook 3 and copy it to Outlook 10 so that I can Sync my cell phone?

Thanks

Nalin

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Basically you need to find where the .pst files are located on each PC and then copy the one from Outlook 3 and replace the one in Outlook 10 with it.

Where they are located on each PC will depend on Outlook version and the Operating System your using.

The best way of finding out where they are located on each PC is to open Outlook on each one, navigate to 'Personal Folders' in the left navigation pane then right click on it and select 'Properties, then 'Advanced'. You will then get a box with the file location come up (eg. my location with Outlook 12 and Windows 7 is: 'C:\Users\Ady\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst')

I would suggest keeping a copy of the file you replace in case there is a problem and you need to put it back again ;)

Reaction score
Thanks. I was able to locate .pst file on each PC. However, I could not Sync with my cell phone as profile I have setup on each Outlook is different. Nevertheless, I understood the procedure and will figure it out in changing the profile file so that Sync will work.

Thanks for your assistance.

Nalin

Reaction score
I have found that Outlook is not always stable and the pst file can not be read by other applications. I wrote a program that extracts contacts and emails from Outlook 2007 and saves the data in Microsoft Access 2000 format with the click of a button. If you are interested, visit my site http://www.smallbsystems.com.

Last edited:
Reaction score
.pst to Excel

Outlook has "Import and Export" function. One can use this to create an export file that would give the data in Excel format. What way your programme is different?

Thanks

Reaction score
Difference between Outlook Export function and my program

In that they both export data from Outlook, they are the same. The difference is that my program is a PHD (Push Here Dummy) application. No knowledge required.

My program also gives the user an application for using the exported data including push button send an email to this contact from within the form.

An experienced pc user doesn't need my program. It was written for people who haven't a clue which represents the majority of my clients.

Ask a Question