Rent out your driveway?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I know a few of my friends that live around my area let out their drives already to people that work in the city and live out of London.
I was tempted to do it with my parking space in my block of flats. But needed a parking permit so gave that idea a knock on the head.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This idea filled me with inspiration :)

So I racked my brains searching for something I had I could rent out.

In a dazzling flash it came to me - my body! :drool:

Update: 48 hours after onset of make-extra-income scheme, body tired, feet worn out, mindset dejected - those who took up my offer - zero :(

Back to the drawing board...

Reaction score
So I racked my brains searching for something I had I could rent out.

In a dazzling flash it came to me - my body! :drool:
Well your kidneys, eyes, heart & lungs are worth some $$$$$$.
Suggest you holiday in the Asia or some parts of Africa if you want to loose some body parts!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well your kidneys, eyes, heart & lungs are worth some $$$$$$.
Suggest you holiday in the Asia or some parts of Africa if you want to loose some body parts!

I recently had to give our wondrous goverment £20.00 to update the photo on my driving licence, another little way of extracting money from motorists the so-and-so's have figured out.

Anyhow, on the application form on the organ donor section I ticked the box that says 'Help yourself to anything that's any good' or words to that effect, I figured I sure as hell ain't gonna need them once I have shuffled off this mortal coil.

But when I got to thinking, would they take donor organs from former cancer sufferers? I suppose they check before implanting for various diseases? They do, don't they?

Reaction score
Yeah I would have thought they do full screens of all the major diseases

Oops bodily impediments ;)

I guess that's why many organs aren't taken from women ;)

Joking btw i'm sure they are....Aren't they :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
But when I got to thinking, would they take donor organs from former cancer sufferers? I suppose they check before implanting for various diseases? They do, don't they?

Better to just donate everything and then the professionals will decide if organs are OK. So, yes, they are checked. :)

No organs will be accepted from those with HIV and CJD (Mad Cow Disease type illness)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
You may accept an HIV kidney but I certainly wouldn't.

It may be acceptable in South Africa but I believe it's illegal in UK and USA.

Reaction score
There was an article in the news a while back of a bloke who was in Africa and had a met a beautiful women in a bar, they went back to her place for a drink and you know the rest! But this lady was different, she had drugged him & when he woke up by the side of the road with a massive pain in his side he found out one of his kidneys had been taken out!

Other people have turned up dead with heart, lungs etc being taken out.
All are normally westerners who are thought to be cleaner & healthier!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There was an article in the news a while back of a bloke who was in Africa and had a met a beautiful women in a bar, they went back to her place for a drink and you know the rest! But this lady was different, she had drugged him & when he woke up by the side of the road with a massive pain in his side he found out one of his kidneys had been taken out!

Other people have turned up dead with heart, lungs etc being taken out.

What news was that then? The Daily Mail?

feckit said:
All are normally westerners who are thought to be cleaner & healthier!!

Lemme see, a diet of mostly rice and vegetables against a steady intake of MacDonalds and processed foods. The arrogance of Westerners eh?

I daresay it happens, but not nearly as frequently as the story-tellers would like us to think.

I watched some film about that coupla years back, can't remember the title, set in the east it was, China, Korea somewhere.

Ask a Question