Removing Packet scheduler miniport

G

On My WIN XP Laptop ( that I use everywhere with various NICS) I now can not connect anymore to my my primary WPCMCIA NIC because I no longer have "system resouces available" I have removed all Network adaptors (except 4 the one I want to use) and still have no system resources available. Using "Show hidden devices" I still have a Dozen Various Packet scheduler Miniport adaptors in the device manager that I can not remove ( the adaptors all removed themselves) and I disabled them all but that didnt help. I am an Administrator on my PC and reset the TCP/IP stack. The on-board NIC works fine when enabled and the WNIC works fine in another machine. Any help?

P

Pavel A.

Packet Scheduler miniports can not (normally) cause this problem.
Better let them alone. The correct way to remove them is to uncheck "QoS" in properties
of correspondent network connection(s).
--

Keith said:
On My WIN XP Laptop ( that I use everywhere with various NICS) I now can not connect anymore to my my primary WPCMCIA
NIC because I no longer have "system resouces available" I have removed all Network adaptors (except 4 the one I want
to use) and still have no system resources available. Using "Show hidden devices" I still have a Dozen Various Packet
scheduler Miniport adaptors in the device manager that I can not remove ( the adaptors all removed themselves) and I
disabled them all but that didnt help. I am an Administrator on my PC and reset the TCP/IP stack. The on-board NIC works
fine when enabled and the WNIC works fine in another machine. Any help?

G

Your right Packet Scheduler miniports do not have IRQs. Therefore, my assumption was wrong. Nevertheless, I cant get my Wireless PCMCIA card to be assigned an IRQ. Is there a way (which I can't see) to manually set the IRQ like in days of Win9

----- Pavel A. wrote: ----

Packet Scheduler miniports can not (normally) cause this problem
Better let them alone. The correct way to remove them is to uncheck "QoS" in propertie
of correspondent network connection(s)
-

Keith said:
On My WIN XP Laptop ( that I use everywhere with various NICS) I now can not connect anymore to my my primary WPCMCI
NIC because I no longer have "system resouces available" I have removed all Network adaptors (except 4 the one I wan
to use) and still have no system resources available. Using "Show hidden devices" I still have a Dozen Various Packe
scheduler Miniport adaptors in the device manager that I can not remove ( the adaptors all removed themselves) and
disabled them all but that didnt help. I am an Administrator on my PC and reset the TCP/IP stack. The on-board NIC work
fine when enabled and the WNIC works fine in another machine. Any help

Ask a Question