Removable disk

gsg

Reaction score
I have a removable hard disk that went dead. How can I recover the data from it. The hard disk is: LaCie d2 Quadra, 30111OU, SN180501643

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
When you say " went dead " is it spinning up at all ?are you able to see it in " Computer Management " ?
If not the only way you could get data back is to send it off to a professional and see if they can recover anything.

Welcome to the forum
:thumb:

gsg

Reaction score
Yes it is spinning but cannot see it in Computer Management. Thanks for the quick reply.

Reaction score
My first instinct would be to rip it out of the case and try to put it in a computer tower, but that's only if you're sure it is a newer hard drive (SATA) and you have a computer with open SATA ports and cables that you can connect it to.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you can take the drive out of the LaCie enclosure and connect it to a pc you may have some luck seeing the drive from a linux live cd. It all depends on what is wrong with the drive.
Most pc's have IDE and SATA connections these days so you should find a connection to suit.

:cool:

Ask a Question