Remote Desktop signsout after login...

Thorbjørn Jørgensen

Hi
I have a problem with remote desktop, I do not know if this is the right
group for this quetsion, and if it not please direct me to the right one...
The problem i occuring on a WinXP Pro machine which is fully patched. When
the computer is booted, and I try to connect to it via Remote Desktop, I get
the login screen where I type in the Username and Password, after that it
looks like the Remote Desktop Session is being created, but at some point a
logout starts, and it can be seen that network connection is being closed,
which at last ends the Remote Desktop Connection.
Another weird thing is that if a login on the computer normally, Remote
Desktop will work perfectly after that. The problem only occurs if I only
boot the computer and not login into it.
Any suggestion?

Regards
Thorbjørn

Thorbjørn Jørgensen

Hi
I am not totally sure what you mean by your post, but as I read i think it
is about trying to login multiple times, and that actually did work... I
tried 3 times and the Remote Desktop Connection was up. I have only tried to
boot it once till now, but it would suprise me a lot if i did not work every
time. I thank you so much...

Regards
Thorbjørn

Ouu, ouu, I think I know this. J

OK, from your screen, the remote computer's window has loged on.
But the only thing showing on the remote computer's screen is the Log on screen.

So, when you (inside the window of the remote computer) type in the password and click logon,

Causes the remote computer to log your session off before it logs on.
(At the point the remote computer would startup all it's stuff like
network, firewall, AV, etc, which is what you really want to see anyway.)
Solution: Use the remote logon again and you will log the remote computer
off, and the remote computers desktop will apper into window on your screen.
Try it and let us know. :)

SJ

P.S. If this works you just saved me 4 trips every couple of hours, (if I
can reboot the remote. ) I'm thinking of a couple of pillows and replacing
my chair with a love seat. Yep, so many computer, one screen, and thou.

Thorbjørn Jørgensen

Hi
Well i thought that it would work if I just tried enough times, but it does
not, so I think that there might be somthing wrong somewhere. Since the
Event log does not show any events that would explain this, I need som help
on where I sould look fore this error...

Regards
Thorbjørn
Hi TJ, :)

Well, I'm it worked but I tested this morning and it worked with only one
logon wheather the remote was re-booted or not.
So I was wrong. There is no first time condition.

Here is my results. Key word is patients. lol

SJ

~~~~~~~~~~~results~

Testing Remote Boot Logon

Ctrl-Alt-END

1. Test 1 - PC-Rx up and logged on, remote logon from PC-Cx ok.
Will now remote boot PC-Rx

Ctrl-Alt-END popped up task manager. Used shutdown (in menu) from there (PC-Rx focus).
Message indicating session was ended, replied ok. Remote Logon dialog box on screen of PC-Cx.

PC-Rx re-booted. After 1 min Logged on to remote PC-Rx from PC-Cx.
Message indicating the machine was to busy.
Waited 20 seconds and tried again. Success went straight to PC-Rx Desktop
as if logging on at console of PC-Rx.
2. Test 2 - Normal session end on PC-Rx and reconnect to session.
Programs running WordPad with this document.
Here goes.
Success, PC-Rx running WordPad screen after remote logon from PC-Cx.

Conclusions - It's to easy. But requires patients while remote machine re-boots to settle down.
PC-Rx in the test was a PIII 800 on a 133 mobo and 33 UDMA disk. The time
to re-boot was 1:20 minimum. No start-up programs, not even AV.

Jeffrey K Buzzell

I have the same issue and have not been able to find a solution. I
read through this thread and was unable to understand/apply and of the
suggestions.

Jeff

Jeffrey Randow (MVP)

Disable the NVidia Display Driver service in Services under Computer
Management (compmgmt.msc)

This is a known issue...

(e-mail address removed)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com