Windows Vista Remote Desktop Log File

Reaction score
I log in remotely to my office computer from time to time, however I'm starting to suspect some other people may have as well. In short, is there any way to see a history or log file of the computers who have logged into my work PC?

Reaction score
synerg said:
I log in remotely to my office computer from time to time, however I'm starting to suspect some other people may have as well. In short, is there any way to see a history or log file of the computers who have logged into my work PC?

If you are on a network and you logon from a home computer, ask you Network Administrator to check the logs...That would be your easiest bet..Oh yeah welcome to the forum....
happywave.gif

Reaction score
We're a small shop. For all intent and purposes I'm the admin. Care to share which logs I should take a peek at?

Reaction score
Small office. DSL connection... one router distributes to 5-6 terminals (most of which run Vista). One server handing web and DNS running MS Server 2003 and one Mail server.

Reaction score
Being nice today... here's a hint...
Remote desktop uses TERMINAL SERVICES in it's core.
Check the event viewer for events that apply to a certain service :p

Reaction score
Cable Guy

When you go home disconnect your pc cable at the back of your pc but dont tell anyone. I know you can't access it remotely either but your pc will be safe.
Have you tried to reconfigure the router so that your machine can be locked out? I would also tell your manager about the invasion of privacy or at least tell the others you will tell him/her.That might stop it.
I dont really know enuf to really help ya i'm afraid.
Welcome to PCR.....its da BOMB
happywave.gif
Zzzzz

Last edited:

Ask a Question