Remote Desktop Connection?

Ken

Can someone please point me to a link or Newsgroup that tells a dummy how to
setup and use Remote Desktop Connection? I have an in-house network with
three computers. Two are running Vista Home Premium and one is running
WinXP Professional. RDC tell me there are no Terminal Servers in the
Workgroup?! Also, I'm trying to connect to a remote WinXP Professional
system on a DSL network. RDC tries to connect but comes back with the
infamous "Cannot connect - try again" or " Contact your network
administrator" or something to that effect. I know I had RDC working when I
had Vista Ultimate installed..but...I thought Vista Premium would have the
same capability? Help.

Dave

The VHP computers should be able to connect to the XP Pro computer, but not
vice versa.
The Home Premium edition does not contain the RDC server.
To connect to the VHP computers, you will need to run a different remote
control program, like VNC or LogMeIn.

Ken

Thanks for the quick response. I saw some other comments in various
Newsgroups sort of indicating what you saying and my limited experience
seems to say you are correct. I guess I got lucky a few weeks ago when I
was using Vista Ultimate to test RDC, I thought it was rater painless until
I tried it on Home Premium. So reinstall Ultimate over Home Premium and I'm
back in business? Why does Home Premium have the Remote Desktop Connection
program in the Start>Accessories>Remote Desktop Connection menu if it does
not work...or...what is it good for in Home Premium? Like I said below Home
Premium did not like the other Home Premium computer I have on my in-house
Workgroup.

Seeker

You get the message "no terminal servers" because you need some way to
handle NetBIOS if you try to browse your network to make an RDP connection.

However, instead of browsing just type the DNS name of the target computer,
or it's IP address.

Seeker

Ken

I did type in the IP address.