Remote Access

I have a Winodws 2000 Professional Desktop Machine. I have a vendor that use
to do troubleshooting for us in the past on a similar box via modem. That
old box use to run nt 4.0 workstation. Is there any way to configure dial in
remote access on a windows 2000 pro worksation?

Richard G. Harper

There is no way native to Windows, you'd need to use something like
PCAnywhere or one of the versions of VNC to do this.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello George,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

First of all, I would like to thank our MVP Richard for his kindly
suggestions.

Actually, I agree with Richard's suggestions. You have to use a third party
remote access tool to meet your requirement.

The following information is for your reference:

Remote Desktop Connection Software Download
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdclientdl.asp>

Frequently Asked Questions About Remote Desktop
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/rdfaq.mspx>

Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Features and Performance in Windows 2000
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Win2KTS/evaluate/featfunc/rdpf
perf.mspx>

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao