Windows XP Reminisce about Windows and Floppy Disks!

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Remember the good ol' days when you can install software from just a few disks, totalling about 15MB of data? Now you need 1GB just to install some stuff. When I install Visual Studio it takes up 20GB almost. Crazy :fool:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Yea I love the new features in today's software, I'm just glad that they sell computers with 500GB hard drives cause you really need all of it these days :user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I remember WP5, a word processor software package similar to MS Word or Libre Office Writer had around 10 floppy disks and seemed to take forever to load.

Jill Of The Jungle came on just the one 3.5" disk though.

Reaction score
It wasn't too long ago I had a system that used two 8-inch floppies. I think their capacities were 720 KB.

Then I changed to a Macintosh and bought a 20 MB hard drive to hold all my stuff.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I remember my first PC had only 600MB of hard drive. I would fill it quickly, and then have to delete stuff to make room for the new stuff. Now I'm not even using 25% of my capacity :drool::user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I remember quite a few years back when, at work, we used to back up various data onto about 10 floppy discs every evening. At the time we thought it was quite a lot but looking back I now realise that it was next to nothing.

Times certainly change. :)

Ask a Question