Reinstalling FP / expression

Pam

ok, I just did a check and I have every one you mentioned except the
officexp-kb911831-client-enu - anywhere I can get that on line?

thanks again!
Pam

Pam

ok, I just found it - and downloaded it - so to make sure - I install each
in the order you gave? anything need to be open/closed ect??? do I do
anything after each installation ??

thanks

Pam

didn't see this message show up - so am sending it again -

no they wouldn't give it to me - but I found it on my computer - so
evidently I had saved it a long time ago -

I have fpse02_8x_ENG ver 5.02920.0
fpse 1001
fpse 1002
officeexp-kb813380-client-eng

is this all I need? and then if so, what order to install - and do I reboot
or anything after each one - thanks!

ps......I've since bought a new computer ... gateway xp media center edition
version 2002 sp 2; I would like to set up fp correctly - although it had a
trial copy of Office on it - I've installed the IIS 5.1 that came with the
system - when I type in http://localhost - it goes to the localstart.asp
page so it looks like its insalled ok - have got fp 2003 installed - have
downloaded expression but haven't installed it yet (but have installed the
netframework 2.0 as it directed. Now am waiting to hear from someone
whether I should install the 2002 se first before installing
expression....and if so far I'm doing this right.

thanks
pam

Pam

we crossed in the mail - so I know the order - but if you could answer my
questions about expression, would appreciate it - before I install it :)
Pam

Pam said:
[...]

Kathleen Anderson said:
Do you have fpse02_x86_ENG ? Were you able to get it from Microsoft
Support?

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Pam said:
ok, I just found it - and downloaded it - so to make sure - I install
each in the order you gave? anything need to be open/closed ect??? do I
do anything after each installation ??

thanks
message No. You need fpse02_x86_ENG first, then fpse1001, then fpse1002, then
officexp-kb813380 client-eng, then officexp-kb911831-client-ENu

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
Spider Web Woman Designs
web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

I just found some files under my frontpage folder that I'm wondering if
these are the 2002 extensions that I'm looking for?

there are 3 of them - fpse 1001 fpse 10002 and one called
officexp-kb813380 client-eng
I also have a folder (think its zipped) that says
iis_admin_controlpanel_version 1 ... not sure if I need this one
though

anyway - do you recognize the above and is this what I need?

pam

in message Pam:
Please call them back and tell them you need the FPSE 2002 for a
reinstall. There is no charge. If you are told the same thing as
before, please try and get the name of person who tells you that.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
Spider Web Woman Designs
web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

Well, I just got off the phone with the #800 that they post - of
course he took all my info and then told me that in order to rectify
this 'problem' I would have to talk to a tech expert and it would
cost $35 ... so unless you know something that I can't find out -
please share!

Pam
"Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message This is a no-fee call.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
Spider Web Woman Designs
web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

thanks - giving them a call - wonder how much they are going to
charge for it!
Hi Pam (and Rob). This is the official statement from Microsoft
about that.

-----------
"The FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 web download is not
available anymore from the Microsoft web sites. This is due to
the fact that the mainstream support for FrontPage Server
Extensions 2002 web download which follows the Office
XP/FrontPage 2002 life cycle expired on 7/11/2006. The following
article explains the timelines:

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=1902

However, we understand that customers might need this download in
situations where existing FPSE2002 installations are hampered in
one way or the other. Considering this, it may be possible to
obtain this download for reinstallation purposes only if you call
MS support."

----------

I'm so hoping someone that has it will send it to me :) ..I've
looked all over the net and do NOT find it anywhere!!!

in message slightly ot;

so what are people like Pam gonna do without the FP2002
extensions now that
they are not downloadable, if they didn't save a copy
previously?

| If you have a need to use the server extensions on your local
machine,
yes,

http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php/How_to:Install_IIS_with_PHP_and_MySQL
|| I'm downloading that now (and vaguely remember needing
this) - but first
|| just installed IIS - windows components/ - ticked IIS hit
details -
|| clicked on common files/ IIS snap in and world wide wep
service / details
|| for www service and then checked printers virtual directory
(already
|| checked) and www service/ ok and then ok and it installed
IIS - but I'm
|| wondering should I have ticked the FP 2000 server extension
or the smtp
or
|| ftp service??
|| thanks
|| Pam
| in
|| >after if you'd like.

message
| know
I install fp
| or

Tom Willett

Kathleen gave you the installation order in this thread. If it needs
rebooting, it'll tell you.
--

Pam said:
> [...]

| FrontPage Support:
| http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
| ===
| ||I did a search to see if I needed to do anything special -
and found this
|| page that also says I need to install mysql and php

http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php/How_to:Install_IIS_with_PHP_and_MySQL
|| I'm downloading that now (and vaguely remember needing
this) - but first
|| just installed IIS - windows components/ - ticked IIS hit
details -
|| clicked on common files/ IIS snap in and world wide wep
service / details
|| for www service and then checked printers virtual directory
(already
|| checked) and www service/ ok and then ok and it installed
IIS - but I'm
|| wondering should I have ticked the FP 2000 server extension

Pam

Yes, I got it - thanks

ok.....I have installed everything as it was ordered....

now...when I open fp2003 and click file/new/onepage web .... the location
option shows: http://<-nohost->/mysite

I've never seen this before....the only other option if I click the
downarrow is c:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Pamela\My Documents\My Webs

why does it say nohost...how do I change that - should I change it?
shouldn't it say localhost? When I click on File / Open Site and then
choose My Network Places, it lists: Entire Network ... My Websites on
MSN .... there is NO LOCALHOST??

I feel like I'm in the same dark hole as before.......

is this just a lost cause and I need to just forget it or is there any light
yet??

Pam

Kathleen Anderson said:
Do you have fpse02_x86_ENG ? Were you able to get it from Microsoft
Support?

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
Spider Web Woman Designs
web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

ok, I just found it - and downloaded it - so to make sure - I install
each in the order you gave? anything need to be open/closed ect??? do I
do anything after each installation ??

thanks
in message No. You need fpse02_x86_ENG first, then fpse1001, then fpse1002, then

Try changing http://<-nohost->/mysite to http://localhost/mysite and see if
it will let you create a new subweb.

--

Pam said:
[...]

message Do you have fpse02_x86_ENG ? Were you able to get it from Microsoft
Support?

--

wrote in message Pam:
> [...]

| ---
| FrontPage Support:
| http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
| ===
| ||I did a search to see if I needed to do anything special -
and found this
|| page that also says I need to install mysql and php

http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php/How_to:Install_IIS_with_PHP_and_MySQL
|| I'm downloading that now (and vaguely remember needing
this) - but first
|| just installed IIS - windows components/ - ticked IIS
hit details -
|| clicked on common files/ IIS snap in and world wide wep
service / details
|| for www service and then checked printers virtual
directory (already
|| checked) and www service/ ok and then ok and it
installed IIS - but I'm
|| wondering should I have ticked the FP 2000 server

Pam

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

IT DID!! Thank you so much for sticking with me on this one - wow...what a
learning curve! LOL.... I created a website on /localhost/ and then closed
it - went to open it and rather than list LOCALHOST under My Network
Places - it lists (webfolder) My Site on localhost

is that ok/correct?

If so...I'm doing a jig and going to get a glass of wine and go sit in my
sukkah and rejoice!!! LOL

Pam

Tom Willett said:
[...]

in message Do you have fpse02_x86_ENG ? Were you able to get it from Microsoft
Support?

--

wrote in message Pam:
[...]

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
slightly ot;

so what are people like Pam gonna do without the FP2002
extensions now that
they are not downloadable, if they didn't save a copy
previously?

| If you have a need to use the server extensions on your
local machine,
yes,
| you should have ticked it. Not SMTP or FTP.
|
| --
| ===
| Tom Willett
| Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| ---
| FrontPage Support:
| http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
| ===
message
| ||I did a search to see if I needed to do anything special -
and found this
|| page that also says I need to install mysql and php

http://wiki.phpgedview.net/en/index.php/How_to:Install_IIS_with_PHP_and_MySQL
|| I'm downloading that now (and vaguely remember needing
this) - but first
|| just installed IIS - windows components/ - ticked IIS
hit details -
|| clicked on common files/ IIS snap in and world wide wep
service / details
|| for www service and then checked printers virtual
directory (already
|| checked) and www service/ ok and then ok and it
installed IIS - but I'm
|| wondering should I have ticked the FP 2000 server
extension or the smtp
or
|| ftp service??
|| thanks
|| Pam
| in
|| >after if you'd like.

message
version and need to
| know
before I install fp
| or

Stefan B Rusynko

Great

The only caution is Do Not Create web or subwebs under IIS w/ spaces or punctuation in the subweb name
as in "My Site"

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
|
| IT DID!! Thank you so much for sticking with me on this one - wow...what a
| learning curve! LOL.... I created a website on /localhost/ and then closed
| it - went to open it and rather than list LOCALHOST under My Network
| Places - it lists (webfolder) My Site on localhost
|
| is that ok/correct?
|
| If so...I'm doing a jig and going to get a glass of wine and go sit in my
| sukkah and rejoice!!! LOL
|
| Pam
|

| message | > Try changing http://<-nohost->/mysite to http://localhost/mysite and see
| > if it will let you create a new subweb.
| >
| > --
| >
| > ~ Kathleen Anderson
| > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| > Spider Web Woman Designs
| > web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

| >> ok.....I have installed everything as it was ordered....
| >>
| >> now...when I open fp2003 and click file/new/onepage web .... the location
| >> option shows: http://<-nohost->/mysite
| >>
| >> I've never seen this before....the only other option if I click the
| >> downarrow is c:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Pamela\My Documents\My Webs
| >>
| >> why does it say nohost...how do I change that - should I change it?
| >> shouldn't it say localhost? When I click on File / Open Site and then
| >> choose My Network Places, it lists: Entire Network ... My Websites on
| >> MSN .... there is NO LOCALHOST??
| >>
| >> I feel like I'm in the same dark hole as before.......
| >>
| >> is this just a lost cause and I need to just forget it or is there any
| >> light yet??
| >>
| >> Pam

| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> |
| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ||
| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> |
| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ||

| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ||
| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ||
| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> |
| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> |

Pam

thanks for the caution - I didn't - that was just an example - but good to
know - I just created the name of my website - like salvator and then it
added 'on localhost' by itself after I created it.

thanks again for all the help!

Pam
Stefan B Rusynko said:
Great

The only caution is Do Not Create web or subwebs under IIS w/ spaces or
punctuation in the subweb name
as in "My Site"

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
|
| IT DID!! Thank you so much for sticking with me on this one - wow...what
| learning curve! LOL.... I created a website on /localhost/ and then
closed
| it - went to open it and rather than list LOCALHOST under My Network
| Places - it lists (webfolder) My Site on localhost
|
| is that ok/correct?
|
| If so...I'm doing a jig and going to get a glass of wine and go sit in
my
| sukkah and rejoice!!! LOL
|
| Pam
|

| message | > Try changing http://<-nohost->/mysite to http://localhost/mysite and
see
| > if it will let you create a new subweb.
| >
| > --
| >
| > ~ Kathleen Anderson
| > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| > Spider Web Woman Designs
| > web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

| >> ok.....I have installed everything as it was ordered....
| >>
| >> now...when I open fp2003 and click file/new/onepage web .... the
location
| >> option shows: http://<-nohost->/mysite
| >>
| >> I've never seen this before....the only other option if I click the
| >> downarrow is c:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Pamela\My Documents\My
Webs

| >> why does it say nohost...how do I change that - should I change it?
| >> shouldn't it say localhost? When I click on File / Open Site and
then
| >> choose My Network Places, it lists: Entire Network ... My
Websites on
| >> MSN .... there is NO LOCALHOST??
| >>
| >> I feel like I'm in the same dark hole as before.......
| >>
| >> is this just a lost cause and I need to just forget it or is there
any
| >> light yet??
| >>
| >> Pam

IIS